1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I shall follow your results with interest, keep us posted on how it goes.

I have tried some proxies without ads and strange as it may seem some users 'proxy chain' mine through the most awful ad filled abominations ever, so obviously some users don't care either way. I think most proxy users, especially young ones at school, kind of expect pop up and interstitial (full page) ads so I don't think it can do any harm. I have one old proxy with no proxy page ads (cloakmy.com) and it doesn't get any more visits than others with proxy ads, it is country limited though and that helps with revenue.

I use adversal ads for most and there's not much choice now for owners but the earnings pay for the hosting (and then some) so I'll keep them for now. Adsense is all profit and pays out every month. I did think about using CPA in place of country blocking, apparently you can geo target them, but I haven't tried that yet. Adversal insist on some blocked countries and they're the ones with zero earnings anyway so I guess they'd be nothing to lose. I won't do surveys myself, I hate them with a passion but I suppose it depends how desperate you are for a working proxy. Banner ads seem to be a loss leader, I've never had success with those, people just seem to ignore them altogether. It might be better to try and sell the banner space seperately.

UncleP, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  2. fattwam

fattwam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was also thinking of selling banner space since i find that banners on proxied pages are not making me anything substantial.
    But then the thought crossed my mind that who would be interested in Proxy traffic anyways, Here is where i would offer my ad free or VPN service. Though i already run an ad free proxy (doobit.info) that i use when i need one.

fattwam, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  3. tom11011

tom11011 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what if you used https instead of http, would that make a difference?

tom11011, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  4. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Latest way proxy owners are using to screw with proxy lists and other sites that require a reciprocal link.

And that is using a font that is too small for anyone to read!

I am seeing a lot of proxies being submitted to my proxy list that use very small font for all their reciprocal links at the bottom.

I delete those.

For sure, if people can not even read what is on the bottom of the proxy, that means they have no idea there are proxy lists at the bottom.

And that means to me, proxy owners who use such small fonts are just cheating me and other proxy owners of having visitors actually see our proxy lists at the bottom.

Proxy owners.....do you use such cheating tactics? How do you sleep at night if you do?

Proxy list owners....do you allow such proxies to be listed on your proxy list? Or do you delete them as I do?

iowadawg, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  5. zappak

zappak Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey I'm want know where can I get good proxys??

I want proxy's located in USA's diff citys

zappak, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  6. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    venturefox, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  7. Oxuro

Oxuro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will agree with your point here iowadawg. This whole issue is kinda controversial if you ask me.

Let me put it this way so the rest of the community can get my point straight away.

If you are a proxy owner you want to get your proxy site promoted right? By submitting your proxy sites to a proxy list , actually you are requesting their traffic that they can send to your site in order for you to make money from your ads etc...That's fair enough, pretty much not to say all are doing this.

If you are a proxy list owner you want new fresh proxies to be submitted into your proxy list in order for you to get a constant row of traffic from SERP and other kind of sources.

So if you see here there is a mutual cross exchange of money going on. Proxy owners who don't realize that by taking those kind of actions and "hide" the backlinks to the proxy lists they end up making harm to the lists and as a result they harm themselves as the amount of the traffic that they receive will constantly reduce and so their earnings from their proxy sites.

Personally, i don't require a backlink on ProxyNoid's proxy lists network for the promo days that a member has pay for. But right his promotional plan expire, the proxy site gets demoted into the proxy lists and turns into free tier listing. The system then informs the owner that he will have to put a backlink on his proxy site if he wants to retain his proxy on the ProxyNoid's proxy lists network.

Oxuro, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  8. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    RossCheal, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  9. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello.

Are any of you guys running Glype I have just installed it into my custon design but when trying to browse facebook,twitter etc it wont allow me to log in or if i am logging in the page just appears white and wont load

RossCheal, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  10. tom11011

Best Answers:
    Glype was recently upgraded to a new version by the owner and I have noticed that as well occasionally. I'm guessing others probably have noticed, I would check their forums area, I'll probably do the same.

tom11011, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  11. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah Im a member over there but those forums are not very active. hope I can find a solution if I manage todo so ill Post my outcome.

RossCheal, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  12. spiky1471

spiky1471 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Just a quick question which would u say is the best Proxy script to install when starting ?
    Glype ? PHProxy ?
    and could someone also link me to the download

Finally i no u suppose to like stop download and change limits of something, could someone also tell me how to do that

spiky1471, Oct 8, 2011 IP
  13. fattwam

fattwam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would have to suggest using Glype, below i have put the downloads to both.
    In Glype once all setup go to your admin panel and there you will be able to set a download limit as well as other things.

Glype 1.2 Download - Download Via Glype.com
    PHProxy 0.4 Download - Download Via SourceForge

fattwam, Oct 8, 2011 IP
  14. ericrodemai

ericrodemai Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using the PHProxy for a while and it seems to work fine for me....

ericrodemai, Oct 8, 2011 IP
  15. tom11011

Best Answers:
    How does phproxy work with facebook? Does it only work with the mobile version (m.facebook.com)?

tom11011, Oct 8, 2011 IP
  16. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    As far as i was aware the only option for Facebook was to log in Via m.facebook.com

I may be wrong.

RossCheal, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  17. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could anyone recomend a decent proxy host.

Im with vectro.com and im getting short periods of downtime everyday.

RossCheal, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  18. tom11011

Best Answers:
    You may have to come to expect that from any host who allows proxies. A single proxy website, if popular enough, can warrant its own server. You are on a shared server, you may have to expect a few periods of down time throughout the day.

tom11011, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  19. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well tom that's not what i wanted to hear but I can totally understand it. My plan is as the site grows move on to a VPS or a dedicated. I think I've made contact with someone who can offer a backup plan.

RossCheal, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  20. tom11011

Best Answers:
    A VPS is also a shared server so you are not getting any more resources.

Here is what you can do, a little trick.

You buy cheap hosting from 2 webhosts. You upload identical copies of your proxy to each. Set DNS for www to point to both ip addresses, DNS will round robin (ie load balance) between the 2 hosts.

tom11011, Oct 10, 2011 IP