1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Proxys Woth making??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by spiky1471, Oct 6, 2011.

Well i had 1 proxy before for like 2 weeks
    then my host closed it due to not allowing proxys

But i no alot create them and of course fresh proxys are good for users

But can any money really be made from proxys these days ?
    or not really worth any time

spiky1471, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  2. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Yes money can be made- but you need a VPS or proxy hosting and Adsense

sambling, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  3. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes theres money to be made but it wont happen over night if you want to make money from proxies expect to put hard work into them....... the harder you work the better you earn.

RossCheal, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  4. spiky1471

spiky1471 Peon

Best Answers:
    wats is the rules with adsense and proxies are they allowed these days ?

spiky1471, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  5. ryan1918

ryan1918 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes they are allowed, I have ran a proxy site for years, never really tried to make a dime from it though, It's been ad free for a long time now..

You don't really need a vps you just need good resources and a host that will not mind it, and not a cheap $5 account since they do use alot of resources.

ryan1918, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  6. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense Is only allowed on the index page and not on the proxified pages.

RossCheal, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  7. hellodomain

hellodomain Peon

Best Answers:
    well,maybe proxies is not good now..

hellodomain, Oct 8, 2011 IP
  8. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't fully agree, proper proxy hosting can be bought for less than $3 a month these days, and you'll get several proxies on it. If you block 'leeching' countries it's well worth doing. It can even be had for free, your ads on index, their ads on proxied page. You can even use free domains, that's all profit and no expense. A vps for $10 pm will host hundreds so costs are minimal per proxy.

Why not? Don't you want to make easy money for not much work? How can that not be good? Proxies are a true 'set and forget' money machine and are always in demand by office workers and students. You won't be able to retire from making one or two but they pay for themselves in no time. It's easy to do and good practice for learning some html/php and marketing skills. Now is the perfect time imho, schools and colleges have started so why not make some money out of them 'pesky kids' :D

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
    UncleP, Oct 8, 2011 IP
  9. jeremyreese

jeremyreese Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience, the ROI is not worth the time required to promote the site.

jeremyreese, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  10. Rainulf

Rainulf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not worth it on my experience. But if you do, I suggest that you run it in a dedicated or VPS server, that offers good amount of bandwidth.

Rainulf, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  11. enoelan

enoelan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think you could make pretty good money out of proxies. I was in the that business for 2 years; was making about 100$/day at my peak..I had a mailing list of over 20K subscriber that kept growing. Unfortunately, as my proxies and mailing list got more popular, the competitors took notice and got jealous and tried to bring me down. As my proxy network became more and more popular, the number of DDOS attacks on my server kept increasing. I had more and more down time. Next, I started getting warnings from google reporting some recent invalid clicks and fraudulent activities in my server even though I was doing the exact same thing for 2 years, and have strictly obeyed google's TOS. What I suspect was that my competitors kept clicking several times on my adsense ads which looked suspicious for google. So after 2 years, I made about 20K$ from adsense and other ad company with these proxies, but then I got banned from adsense :( Which is a banned for life...Well, just sharing my experience.

enoelan, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  12. ggabbab

ggabbab Peon

Best Answers:
    yes i think so,you can put on google adsense.

ggabbab, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  13. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have a proxy site right now and it does steady traffic/revenue..Also, there are plenty of proxy hosting companies out there that won't shut you down :)

FPForum, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  14. uspro

uspro Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that is like almost any other thing, you can make money but you need to work hard, or very hard at least at the begining.

uspro, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  15. AllproJJ

AllproJJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've owned quite a few different proxy sites, one of which was fairly popular. I threw up adsense on it and it started making me around $5 a day. That was about 3 yrs ago, I don't think proxy sites are as big as they were back then. Also don't plan on selling the proxy site if you get sick of it because the resell value on those sites are crap. I should know I sold all my proxy sites off a couple years and didn't even get a quarter of what I would have made on just a normal blog site making the same amount of money I made with the proxy site.

If you decide on to owning a proxy site make sure your hosting company allows Proxy sites and also gives you a ton of bandwidth, you'll be needing it.

AllproJJ, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  16. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    What sort of traffic were you getting to make 5$ a day if you dont mind me asking?.

Ross.

RossCheal, Oct 27, 2011 IP