1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Out of ideas?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Axas, Oct 21, 2011.

So yeah... I've been thinking of making a blog for quite a while now, but I'm completely out of ideas. I was doing a photoshop tutorials blog but it was my first project and it didn't turn out too good.
    Thing is, I'm not really experienced, I don't know about cars, politics whatsoever. I've read a few pdf books about internet marketing and learned a few things.
    I've finished 8 years of music school being forced going to it, so my knowledge is really bad. That's about it.
    So how do you guys come up with ideas and how would you suggest me do it?

/if this is the wrong section, please move the thread.

Axas, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  2. OStyle078

OStyle078 Peon

Best Answers:
    Open music talk blog, do some instrumental and sell it.

OStyle078, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  3. jeffbeer

jeffbeer Member

Best Answers:
    You are not alone in this one, many people, including myself, face this hurdle everyday. Rather than focus on the idea, how about lay a challenge, or goal, for yourself? What is it you exactly want to accomplish?

jeffbeer, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  4. Axas

Axas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would want to have $10 as of the first month. Say.. 20 quality articles, but about what? :<

Axas, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  5. bariotski

bariotski Member

Best Answers:
    Find something that interest you, or something your already know about . If you don't know much about the thing, fill the gaps with learning a bit more, and then go for that stuff. Make a blog, site whatever, and implement everything you know. If it's something you really like, you will succeed.

bariotski, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  6. Max Singapore

Max Singapore Active Member

Best Answers:
    if i were to give some advice , i would suggest you focus on what you know . music seem to be a good start .
    is usually a waste of time if you try to start focusing on how much you will earn , many people jump on the train thinking there will get a easy life with money falling from the sky for them .
    but the reality is not that .

ask yourself a simple question . will you go to a website that provide lousy information and then visit it again ?

tutorials is a good start . you be surprise that many people do not know how to read musical notes, i am one of them .
    since you got 8 years of knowledge of music . i am sure in between there is something you can offer .

if you need serious advice . you may contact me . on my thread

Max Singapore, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  7. Axas

Axas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    But hey, - aren't there a dozen of other websites that provide the very same information, maybe even better than I would?

Axas, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  8. Max Singapore

Max Singapore Active Member

Best Answers:
    if base on your theory that if someone else is doing and you can;t do it or better it . then what ever you are doing will more or less end up unsuccessful
    many years ago we are seeing yahoo , but that did not stop Google from coming into the search market . and now Bing . and who know

before Facebook their already friendster .

base on a music niche , their really still many space for improving and growth . just like .

fashion and brand , people love choice .
    their still many new brand popping up

you should focus on what you can offer . from your point of view :)

you can contact me on skype

Max Singapore, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  9. awcguy

awcguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Show us your tutorial website - Why didn't it work out?

I think you need to really ask yourself, Why do I want to be in Internet Marketing? OR Do you want to be a business owner - Or do you want a job and just hang out?

It kinda feels like you are doing this because you don't know what else to do?

awcguy, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  10. jeffbeer

jeffbeer Member

Best Answers:
    $10 is an attainable target. Write about what you know, music for example. Don't try and find what's a hot topic and just wing it. That is what many people try to do to make "the it bucks", and it usually ends in failure
    through poor quality and content.

Now you have different methods for earning, all different means to the end result:
    1) blog + adsense
    2) write for nicked clients
    3) sell ebooks / articles wholesale.

jeffbeer, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  11. IamTJM

IamTJM Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really want to do blogging but don't know much about your subject, it is really cheap to outsource your writing if you have the budget. A typical rate is $5 for a 500 word article or $1 for every 100 words.

IamTJM, Oct 23, 2011 IP