1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Some Advice On My Business Idea

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Dominium, Oct 25, 2011.

Hey Everyone,

I am thinking about opening my own business offering SEO, Writing, Graphics, Web Design etc.

Was thinking about outsourcing the work to either my workers or doing some arbitrage.

Do you think this is a good idea for a business?

Where do you think that I should advertise? Obviously doing SEO or adwords would be much too expensive (too much competition).

Any tips/advice appreciated!

Cheers!

P.S.
    I currently work as a writer on a tech blog, definitely not thinking about quitting - just want to try something more :)

Dominium, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  2. Max Singapore

Max Singapore Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you need some serious advice , you cn try to contact me and we talk over skype

need to understand your market before we go into more detail

Max Singapore, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  3. cory.r.west

cory.r.west Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a business that does exactly that. I advertise solely on craigslist. It gets me about 6 clients a month. I outsource most of the work to fiverr and scriptlance.

cory.r.west, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  4. syd430

syd430 Member

Best Answers:
    Probably a bit obvious to you already, but it is very over saturated market mainly as a result virtually non-existent barriers to entry. Your almost guaranteed to get drowned out. Addressing this before you start anything should be your primary concern.

syd430, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  5. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    #1 I didn't know that Washington DC moved to Poland .

#2 Outsourcing is usually a bad idea since the quality often hits the floor .

#3 If you don't have a crack shot team then you should forget about it .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  6. hosting coupons

hosting coupons Peon

Best Answers:
    Washington DC moved to Poland?

hosting coupons, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  7. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Totaly agree if you don'T have a expirenced team arround and know yourself what is required to fullfill the task there is no way of biing succesfull. Also it's not a good start to lie about your location ;)

Sensei.Design, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  8. conspicuous

conspicuous Peon

Best Answers:
    Arbitrage is fine but you should understand the business fully if you're going to be able to sell it to people. The key to making money is being able to close the deal.

conspicuous, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  9. cory.r.west

cory.r.west Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a very successful SEO/web design company and I outsource most of my work. You just have to know where to find the good outsourced workers. If you know how to weed out the crap you can be pretty successful. I also pay someone about $15 per week to advertise for me on craigslist. I get 80% of my clients from craigslist and spend very little on advertising. You just have to think like your customer and realize what they want is more customers not an SEO package. They do not understand that the SEO package will get them more customers. Sell to them as if you are them. I have some great resources for finding good outsourced work. PM me if interested.

cory.r.west, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think you'll find that ApocalypseXL is making a point about trustworthiness. If you are going to do arbitrage you have to have a high level of trust with both your customers and your suppliers. Without that quality will suffer and Dominium's business won't survive. If Dominium can't even give his location honestly what trust can we have when we try to do business?

[​IMG]

sarahk, Oct 26, 2011 IP
    Sensei.Design likes this.
  11. Dominium

Dominium Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am a Canadian citizen, I also spent most of my life living and going to school in Washington DC - I am currently studying in Poland. I can set my location to anything I want - if I set it to "the Moon", would you also complain?

Thanks for all the help - I am absolutely overflowing with ideas after your superb trolling.

To those that actually gave some tips and / or advice - thank you, I am sure it will be useful!

Cheers,

Dominium

Dominium, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Atleast you've learnt what raises a "red flag" here, even if it is unjustified :)

sarahk, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  13. stylishwatch

stylishwatch Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah friend ofcourse SEO is one of the best way to earn money online

stylishwatch, Oct 27, 2011 IP