1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Voice in Email?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by wisedave, Dec 17, 2011.

Hello,

I am looking for a way to use 'voice' in my email. We use Outlook 2010 if that helps. Instead of typing out a long email, I would like to 'say' it, then attach it to an email. Another route would be to record what I have to say and send an email with a link to the audio. This will help with upload/download of the emails.

I know I could just use 'sound recorder' or Audacity, then attach it to my email, but I need something less 'techy' for a member of staff that is just a point and click type of person.

Do you have any ideas on what we can do?

Thanks for any ideas!

Cheers,

Dave

wisedave, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  2. VPS6NET

VPS6NET Member

Best Answers:
    I think the only feasible way would be to embed an mp3/audio clip in the email. As for editing, I'm not sure you can find an easier way to produce quality clips than using real editing software like Audacity.

VPS6NET, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  3. subdivisions

subdivisions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That sounds like something that'd really piss off the person on the receiving end...

I think the easiest route would be hooking her up with Sound Recorder. To be blunt, it's almost 2012 and if this person doesn't pick up some basic computer skills, they're going to have a hard time with life in ten years, let alone now.

subdivisions, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  4. wisedave

wisedave Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my particular situation the person 'sending' the email is a bit older and quite frankly may not be around in 10 years anyway! ;)

Basically, the email is feedback to an project we have our clients perform. The assessor is very good at explaining and giving feedback but is less than perfect in spelling and grammar thus reflecting on the company as a whole. In a perfect scenario, he could pick up the phone...but he works odd hours and this is not feasible. So leaving a 'voice mail' in their inbox would be great. To be able to 'hear' your feedback instead of reading and intrepreting it would also be a great benefit.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Dave

wisedave, Dec 18, 2011 IP