1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Brand NAme Help

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Bell4306, Dec 26, 2011.

Hi,

I'm looking for brand names for my current business.

I offer logo design, psd conversion, website design/development and other services that go in hand in hand with those mentioned.

My current name is aimed towards a local audience although in 2012, i'd like to target the international market and therefore need a brand name/brand story.

I'm willing to pay for help although names suggested or tips on how to come up with a name will be appreciated.

Bell4306, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  2. web3k

web3k Member

Best Answers:
    Could you internationalise your current brand, by changing a word etc? What's your current business/brand name?

web3k, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  3. Bell4306

Bell4306 Peon

Best Answers:
    My current brand name is 'My local town' design.

Bell4306, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  4. mhovingh

mhovingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a reason you can't keep your current brand name when expanding? McDonald's didn't change its name to something else when it started opening restaurants in China, and it was doing very well in China last I heard. Just because your brand is "My Town Company" doesn't mean that it won't work fine outside your town, or around the globe.

Based on your location listed here on DP, Cheshire county is where you live? I assume you are familiar with Cheshire Cheese. People all over the UK eat it, regardless of whether they live in Cheshire county. If they had it in my supermarket here in the States, I wouldn't decide not to eat it because it had the name Cheshire instead of Michigan Cheese. I would find out what other people thought of it, give it a try, and decide from that, not the name that was on it.

mhovingh, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  5. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Call it Branding UK or something with the UK in it. The domain BrandingUK.com is available which is why I suggested it.

P.S. Branding is basically what you're doing when you create designs for businesses. It also sounds much more professional than the word "design". It makes you look like a serious company.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
    gregdavidson, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  6. mike_12

mike_12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Brand it like Royal B

mike_12, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  7. Bell4306

Bell4306 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestions and advice.

The reason i'd like more of a a brandable name is because i recieve people asking me what is 'my local town' stand for or mean and they don't realise it's a place. I'd ideally like to branch out more internationally with a different name and start fresh in 2012.

Bell4306, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  8. IcePanda

IcePanda Peon

Best Answers:
    try "the world is my town"..............just a suggestion ......

IcePanda, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  9. txf

txf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think you should try one and an easy word or you can create an unique name.

txf, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  10. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    So what do you think about the name I came up with?

gregdavidson, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  11. ColinLiang

ColinLiang Peon

Best Answers:
    Try something using alliteration and rhyme. The second most valuable brand name in the world is, I think, Coca Cola. Say that in your head, it's a vary attractive and easy to remember sound. Your head has this thing called the "phonological loop" which replays the sounds you have heard in your head for a few seconds. Alliteration and rhyme gets bounced around more in this loop since the sounds are repetitive.

Another method is not to use generic names e.g. "George's Tax Accountant Business". What are a couple of the most brands in the world? Amazon, Apple and Nike. Those names have NOTHING to do with their business at all, but they give it a way to hang a number of attributes from the name without being pigeon-holed by a generic one.

ColinLiang, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  12. jamesrandolli

jamesrandolli Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend a 5 letter pronounceable domain that rolls off the tongue nicely. Also make sure it has 2 odd letter combinations. It'll be a worthy investment because it can be easily identified this way. I also own a marketing company that is a 5 letter domain name and I just add "media" to the end of it to signify the industry. Domains like these should cost no more than $50 now days if you do a search. I just acquired one for $30 this morning.

jamesrandolli, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  13. Bell4306

Bell4306 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all.

I think brandinguk is a great name although the .co.uk is taken which would primarly be were i'll be targetting first then moving on internationally.

I'm still trying to brainstorm a few names.

I've never been good at this stuff aha,..

Bell4306, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  14. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    I would advise against narrowing your business to just customers in the UK. A .com allows you to market to everybody and anybody in the world.

gregdavidson, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  15. PC Mechanix

PC Mechanix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keeping the current name and marketing it internationally should work better than starting scratch!

PC Mechanix, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  16. Anurag_G

Anurag_G Peon

Best Answers:
    Nexus web design

Anurag_G, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  17. Soumyananda

Soumyananda Member

Best Answers:
    Can you explain the type of business you are going to start. Then only the name can be suggested.where you have planned to start. Please give me details of your website.

Soumyananda, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  18. ted-forex-rebates

ted-forex-rebates Peon

Best Answers:
    Find Your Logo, which is like my one - findyourfx

ted-forex-rebates, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  19. MowerMan808

MowerMan808 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its my opinion you can choose this name "UKBellwebdesignservices" this name is very suitable for your company...

MowerMan808, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  20. Nishaseo

Nishaseo Guest

Best Answers:
    As my suggestion, Local Town Web Designing will be better and localtownwebdesigning.co.uk will be perfect domain name for your business. I can also help you with your website to come up in search engines.

Nishaseo, Jan 1, 2012 IP