1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When will Myspace be dead?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sbongo, Nov 5, 2006.

1. deep034

deep034 Peon

Best Answers:
    that is so true, myspace just keeps buildin on its own and it will go on for a long time. google and yahoo has been here for years so MySpace isnt going anywhere either.

deep034, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  2. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook rules :p, Myspace isn't going anywhere.

gotkloud, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  3. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think myspace will be around for a while, I don't think it will keep all of its current users or traffic, look at friendster, people still use that site.

soniqhost.com, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  4. chaoward

chaoward Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace has reached a critical mass and will remain a trend for years. It's the fact that it's now a household name. Even riding the city bus, I hear people talking about myspace all the time, and hear things like "Oh I need to get my internet hooked up again so I can get a myspace!" Even if it started losing popularity, all FOX would have to do is launch a major advertising campaign to boost it back up again. Myspace has caused a social paradigm shift, so I don't think it will die with the many users becoming obsessed with their online personalities.

By the way, here's an interesting article about myspace:

http://www.botreviewer.com/2006/09/19/what-newscorp-doesnt-want-you-to-know-about-myspace/

chaoward, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  5. decepti0n

decepti0n Peon

Best Answers:
    To whoever said there's 130mil users, there soooooo0o0o isn't =/ Apart from having probably 30mil accounts deleted, webmasters have thousands that they use for bulletin spamming, regular people have multiple ones for no reason and theres probably close to 50mil that sign up and never return.

Also, even if Fox had $70 trillion, if the content they add sucks and doesn't go well with the users, then nothings going to happen. Its the users that drive that site, not the funding =/

decepti0n, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  6. sebastya

sebastya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    look at worldlounge...its been around for about 7 years (maybe more) and its only grown..

sebastya, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  7. emthree

emthree Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace has amazing room to grow.

emthree, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  8. chaoward

chaoward Peon

Best Answers:
    Saying myspace hasn't been adding anything new simply isn't true.

Myspace has been adding extra features, like the myspace film, myspace comedy, profile video, allowing more pictures for the profile pics section, allowing you to have a top 4, top 8, 16, 24, etc.

What they really need to improve on the is the coding of the website and fixing all of the bugs that make it run all screwy. Lately myspace has been randomly logging people out and asking them to login again. I'm sure the password phishers have been taking full advantage of that bug.

chaoward, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  9. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It could very well be here, but 5 years is a long time to think about when it comes to fads/sites like that.

MTbiker, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  10. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, eBay's death watch was premature and I am sure the same can be said for MySpace. Like anything on the internet, it will probably change gradually over time.

MattKNC, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  11. Brian123

Brian123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MySpace is something that will be around for a long time, but like ebay is now, it will suffer a slight decline.
    Something bigger and better always comes along eventually.

Brian123, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  12. neo1211

neo1211 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know, but probably soon. I can't imagine how much bandwidth they need.

neo1211, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  13. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    There wont be a big decline and it will only continue to get bigger

Myspace could easily become more valueable than fox's other media units.

Unless there is a compelling reason and or evidence that myspace is dying or will die the continual growth will continue whether you like it or not.

Thats how things work.

IamNed, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  14. James12513

James12513 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think "every thing comes to an end"
    Eventually, myspace will get old, and people will stop going on it.
    However I doubt that won't be the end to the social networking sites :p
    There will always be some new site with new features and interesting things to do on it :)

James12513, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  15. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it will end sometime...

gotkloud, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  16. bizz_man

bizz_man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that myspace will be around for a long time it host millions of websites that people visit all of the time.

bizz_man, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  17. Heretic

Heretic Peon

Best Answers:
    it will end like aol.

Heretic, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  18. fbitalian11

fbitalian11 Peon

Best Answers:
    guys i hat e to tell you this but myspace is just something that will keep on going... first thing you need to know is that they will be coming out with a new profile... meaning Myspace Profile V2 .... from what i heard they will be "ajax type" coding which will allow users to locate their section ANYWHERE THEY WANT... *ajax in quots cuz cant remember what they said *... secondly you have to realize what it is used for... keeping in touch with past friends and current... when you have a connection set up already you wont break that connection and then start up a new one.. YES THERE WILL BE SOMETHING NEW that everyone will love BUT it will NOT be along myspace lines and wont take the place.... people will fall in love with something else but myspace will be used like a cell fone is used...we will think of it as nothing but use it just as much because it will be used so much more naturally... myspace has got cash to do what they want when they want it... new stuff is actually coming out constantly and when the new layouts come watch out because myspace resource sites will be affected cuz the layouts MAY conflict and the layouts may not work anymore... so dont get your hopes up cuz myspace will live on!

fbitalian11, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  19. chaoward

chaoward Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, and just now myspace added new logos in the messaging box on each profile. I imagine that's just a drip of a waterfall.

Like I said ealier too, myspace is a branded household name. People will always choose brand name over generic, and most myspace users will see any other social networking site as generic.

The connection people have is definitly there. If one wants to find old friends, or snoop into other people's lives, they know myspace is the way to do it. On top of that, people are generally narcissistic about their online personalities and will do what they can to make their myspace more impressive. The whole myspace trend is way more pyschological than some regular fad. ;)

chaoward, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  20. jquindlen

jquindlen Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Now there's some truth for you. Just take a look at DP and you'll see proof of that. :D

jquindlen, Nov 8, 2006 IP