1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Social Network is Running Our Mind!!!

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by uycw, Dec 26, 2011.

We are in the age of S/N!
    -We are spending so many hours with FaceBook & Twitter-
    Do you know how social network is running our minds?

[​IMG]

So What You Feel About.. Do Social Network is Running Our Mind???

uycw, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  2. pamela321

pamela321 Peon

Best Answers:
    if we talk about Facebook, then i think the reason of your question is that every time we listen a sentence or a song or we watch a video the first thing comes to our mind is,"hmmmm I'll upload this content on Facebook. every time they are on our mind. its difficult to sit on a study table for assignment for 1 hour. but when using Facebook we don't know that how much time we have spend there.

pamela321, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  3. mediaprom

mediaprom Member

Best Answers:
    Presented A+:D. I'm spending 0,0 h/day on facebook, and it's a good thing that i have my head on the right place:)

mediaprom, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  4. ervis

ervis Peon

Best Answers:
    In now days facebook is our daily routine and I see that if one person is famous in facebook for example how much Likes has in his pictures then is famous and in the real life at least at his neighborhood .I want to say that facebook indirectly is guiding your social but real life.

ervis, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  5. StWhitey

StWhitey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social networks have both positive and negative effects on us. It is good at satisfying the human need for social interaction and allows us to flex our muscles at various situations, it has also helped develop strong relations across distances and interests where otherwise people would not have grouped (although saying that, it can often destroy relationships too). As marketers, it has been a godsend to us and I think Facebook, as Ervis said, is beginning to play a guiding role in our life. For example, how many times have you only realised a birthday or special occasion because of facebook? It seems almost like a reference point to our socially desirable knowledge, opinions and methods.

StWhitey, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  6. ParentingCoachLisa

ParentingCoachLisa Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah..i I feel light-headedness every time I spend hours and hours on the social networking site.

ParentingCoachLisa, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  7. eddie vermillion

eddie vermillion Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting read. Seems pretty viable to me as while on a social media site, we tend to go from subject to subject and our brain must adapt to the constant flow of DIFFERENT information. This would cause for a change in attention span if you ask me. I notice this in myself now that I think about it. Good thing I do other activities that actually help increase attention span-sports, martial arts, meditation and reading these wierd square things that are filled with paper with words written on them called books :)

eddie vermillion, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  8. Anton095

Anton095 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right! Sometimes really social networks (owners & advertisers) are useing people there! I Wrote recently a little article about it "Social networks as a factor of influence on the social and political security of the U.S" http://bit.ly/yhXM6w

Anton095, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  9. DSKANK888

DSKANK888 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Facebook and social media in general has both postive and negative aspects. The key is to harness their best points, such as staying in touch with people you value on Facebook, marketing on Twitter, access to key people, and real-time information on Twitter, whilst ignoring the junk that can sometimes dominate your online time.

DSKANK888, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  10. DSKANK888

DSKANK888 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My personal problem with Facebook is how much personal information do you reveal whilst trying to be open to possibilities? This balance I find difficult to maintain, particularly when Facebook are forever changing their privacy rules.

Openness + 1 online identity vs. Anonymity and multiple online personas (http://visual.ly/transparency-vs-anonymity-4chan-and-facebook).

DSKANK888, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  11. Grobbulus

Grobbulus Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny, but all true!

Grobbulus, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  12. ramiszaro

ramiszaro Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is what the new trend is because people they keep on searching for new things thats why they became addict to social networking sites like facebook ,twitter ..........

ramiszaro, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  13. metysj

metysj Peon

Best Answers:
    Evolution is generally not bad. Our brains are rewiring indeed. But let's not "blame" it all on social media. They would have done so anyway for some other reason.
    It's a normal human reaction to fight change as we're afraid of what we don't know, but this transformation was bound to happen one way or another. And guess what? it's not over.
    Embracing it and trying to make the best out of it as human beings is the best we can do. We are homo-empaticus creatures. We thrive on bonding with each other and on being social. The impact, resonance and revolution of this evolution is not a coincidence nor is it an anomaly. We could have evolved a lot differently. And that would have been a greater source of concern to me.

metysj, Jan 10, 2012 IP