1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you want people to trust you more on DP?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by 1812, Jan 26, 2012.

Ok.. just want to have my little rant about something that really bugs me and no doubt other serious people around here I'm sure..

I want to talk about the pictures people use on here for their avatars.. Now anyone with a funny or animated or message type avatar or their logo, please ignore, this does not apply to you..

I am talking about the people, usually, if not all the time, MALES who post using a picture of a stunning looking woman and then come offering their services on here.

Now... what's my grudge against this.. well firstly, don't get me wrong, I LOVE beautiful women.. but I hate people who can't just be honest and try to pull the wool over our eyes. Now, I don't fall for any of this myself, but I know some do... I have seen people on here bidding for work, be it offering SEO, Links etc etc... They are the most beautiful girls you can imagine (looking at their avatar) but most of us know that they are likely men, and likely from India or the Phillapines...

Guys.. Be HONEST... you are far far more likely to have your offers of work accepted if you either showed us the real you, or replace your avatar with some other image, your logo maybe?... To try and palm us off that your name is Debbie and you're some stunning 22yr old girl only makes us disbelieve in your honesty and your integrity...

I apologize to any women around here who show their real image and really are THAT beautiful... but there are far more fakes around here than the real thing...

1812, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  2. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    You can always tell a guy is a guy even if their avatar is a woman.. they don't talk like a woman nor act like a woman and they don't care if you call them Sir. :)

sweetcrabhoney18, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  3. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hahahahahaha funny shit...

To be honest I don't look anyway, I didn't even notice them... I think the O.P is a dirty fkn pervert myself :p

thsadmin, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Men talk about things while women talk about feelings.

mmerlinn, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  5. zoomboy

zoomboy Peon

Best Answers:
    yes difference between boy or girl is so easy to find.

zoomboy, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  6. danproud

danproud Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha! Yeah I noticed this anomaly within my first couple days. At first I just thought there were a lot of hot chicks into IM. Then I saw a picture that was CLEARLY of a photoshopped model type girl. Bubble burster.

danproud, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  7. Webinx

Webinx Member

Best Answers:
    Fell for that 5 times here lmao. On checking their facebook I laughed out loud.

Webinx, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  8. Khaidem

Khaidem Member

Best Answers:
    Simple thing need to take care before dealing any project if you think inappropriate avatar is placed in profile ....just go through their profile and find out their business background. It will be very stupid if you accepts their services without knowing them properly. Is not the right way to blame any country regarding for that.......Don't go any bulk services who are offering at cheaper rate.

Khaidem, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  9. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that when doing business, it is always best if you can show your real face. However, the trust or reputation is still based on the how good the people doing the business (for the forum, it can be the quality of the posts or itrade). Many member here dont show the real face can due to many reason, maybe they are too popular like bill gates or maybe they are not as handsome as you :)

lifeplayer, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  10. Webinx

Webinx Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, lifeplayer got 2 good points. However, the main reason is to grab the work. 80% of dp members are males I guess. There is a percentage of girls here, usually very smart. However, there are many who put a really beautiful girls avatar to get work. Males attracted lol. They give the work to the girl to get to know them, natural stuff. Well, there are many also, who use Stars as their avatar and others don't even realise this lol.

Webinx, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  11. Elluminati

Elluminati Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, the ones on here with the BS aren't banking. Perhaps the epiphany will hit and maybe then they'll grow up...

Elluminati, Jan 31, 2012 IP