1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fans resellers. Does it really make money?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by krebz, Jan 29, 2012.

I see everyday dozens of this websites, selling fans for facebook, etc, on flippa. Most of them are weeks old and someway have revenue already (sure it is not organic traffic).

Does it worth having such websites? It seems to me that most of the revenue will be to get (paid) traffic anyway.

(ps: my budget is low (~$350) and i am still waiting for a good website to buy or even start a new one. This ones attract me for the revenue, but i find them suspicious anyway)

krebz, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  2. daddy03

daddy03 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've heard of several people being burned on Flippa. Unless the site has a history of revenues I would not trust it. Not to say Flippa is not a good place to buy web sites. Just need to be careful.

If you have the skills to create your own web site and have a limited budget I would go that way. You can purchase an aged domain for $11 via Godaddy auctions. Some of them have backlinks already. Put Wordpress on top and you are up and running for around $20. Then spend some time creating backlinks and put adsense on your site. If you do it properly you'll have the $20 back plus more.

daddy03, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  3. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Avoid them... the only people making money is the scam artists selling them, there's a big market for buyers of the websites, but no money in selling fans - all the work has to be out sourced and it's not easy to get fans or likes to pages - most are fake shitty profiles and fans... trust me I have been there and done that - wasted a lot of time building fan pages and even once they're established - they're highly over rated. Steer clear - the whole process is dodgy, the sites are dodgy, the providers of fans are dodgy and the people you buy fans from are dodgy... not worth it.

thsadmin, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  4. krebz

krebz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot, that was my first concern. I guess it is pretty much like the thousands of autoblogs being sold. "Great potential...until you buy it" lol

@daddy03. i guess i´ll do something like that, avoid most of "auto" plugin and make something "original" per say

krebz, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  5. netfisher

netfisher Peon

Best Answers:
    Good info.Thanks

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
    netfisher, Jan 30, 2012 IP