1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking to start a serious business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ArticleMarket, Feb 3, 2012.

Hello everyone. I am doing Internet Marketing for quite a while now, and I did made a few sales now and then, got few leads from CPA offers, etc.

But now I'd like to start a serious business, but I am very confused about what to pick, how to start, where to start, etc. To make things worse I am left with pretty much 0 funds.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

ArticleMarket, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  2. GoldSEO

GoldSEO Member

Best Answers:
    Save and gather whatever funds you can. Provide services for others before establishing your own sites. Write Articles, or you know, Market Articles, Mr. ArticleMarket :).

People need articles and frankly there aren't enough good content providers, which is the reason I'm getting back into writing. The quality of stuff I've been buying has been absurdly bad compared to what I used to write myself years ago.

use free blogs and promote offers without being blatant or spamming.

If you can spare $30 you can get a domain and year hosting, put up wordpress, get adsense, and have some income

GoldSEO, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  3. ArticleMarket

ArticleMarket Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there, thanks for your answer.

I do have quite few items and services listed in Buy/Sell area, but I cant get any customer, therefore cant earn any money.

I already had many websites (adsense, CPA, affiliate), but never made any money off them.

Also I do have about 50$ left, which is not much, but it is something.

4. GoldSEO

GoldSEO Member

Best Answers:
    Provide review copies first! You need to build a reputation until your work speaks for itself. Ask people to give reviews for either review copies of your work or for discounts. eye catching headline wouldn't hurt. come on now, think of this forum as a search engine and optimize.

You could also make a site, something related to your name, put that in your signature. Advertise across multiple forums too.

First thing's first, figure out what you're good at, what you do easily, and then go places where those things are needed.

Protip: buyers are the laziest people ever (but with reason i guess, it makes products better). contact them cause they sure as bunk won't contact you if it's more than 2 clicks...

GoldSEO, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  5. ArticleMarket

ArticleMarket Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks again for your reply :)

The point is, that I already offered services and products ad discounted prices, I even offered free website creation at some point (and no, I haven't got any customer even there).

I'm just very confused, don't really know which way I should go, what to do next, etc. And of course I am trying to earn some money first too (looking for a job too, but can't get that either).

6. GoldSEO

GoldSEO Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone goes through that, "dark night of the soul" type deal where nothing is working.

When you hit that point, when the ease of things have gone away, the ecstasy is gone, the excitement is gone, and all that is left is you staring into the darkness is when you keep walking forward...cause there be monsters in the darkness of our own creations that will sabotage us if we stay where we are.

From what you've said, I believe you're going down the right path, and all you need to do now is not give up. It will suck, I've gone through it, but it will get better.

Please feel free to send me a PM if you'd like to discuss more about what you're currently doing and what you could do to improv

GoldSEO, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  7. ArticleMarket

ArticleMarket Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for your replies GoldSEO, it's really great feeling. Also thanks for your kind end encouragement worlds.

8. taipres

taipres Peon

Best Answers:
    If you plan on starting a reputable business where you handle sales etc...I recommend you setup and LLC to protect your personal assets. This will cost you about $100 to register if you do it yourself(which you really should, takes like $5 minutes) and a few weeks to get all the paperwork. You'll also need a EIN from the IRS which doesn't take long, then you need to setup a business bank account. Make sure not to mix personal bank funds and business bank because it can be seen as "piercing the corporate veil" and make you liable for any lawsuits later.

taipres, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  9. ArticleMarket

ArticleMarket Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, thanks for your post. As for now I am really looking to find something that I will work as a business, not how to open it. But thanks for your help anyways, will definitely need that later on :)

10. Deji

Deji Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I suggest you start with Fiverr. You don't need any money to start it. Basically you post a job for $5 that you are willing to do for people. Just visit the site for ideas and look at other services that others are providing to buyers. You can also create eBooks for the Kindle. All you need is an Amazon account. Then you do some research to find out what people are buying on Amazon, create it, upload it and start making money. The good thing about this is that the money is residual. That is, you will be making money month after month on autopilot without having to lift a finger. All the best!

Deji, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  11. PCOnline

PCOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    This sounds like a good plan for you :)

PCOnline, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  12. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    jhardy2008, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  13. janinjackson

janinjackson Peon

Best Answers:
    You must check your heart first, then your passion, then your expertise and most of all the capital.

janinjackson, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  14. gajjarcompressor

gajjarcompressor Peon

Best Answers:
    Start any types of business but its holes hearty and honestly.

gajjarcompressor, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  15. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    Just get your own idea, and do your best, Best of Luck

edvvardbrian, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  16. fpaulego

fpaulego Peon

Best Answers:
    Rather than starting over with a new business, I would suggest on trying to expand on the things you already have experience with. If you have experience in Internet Marketing, you need to ask yourself where you think you excel -- and where you think you can improve. After you've evaluated your strengths and weaknesses, you have two options: 1.) Either use your strengths and focus on a related business in the marketing arena, or 2.) Work on your weaknesses and focus on improving the ventures you've already attempted.To me, it seems like a waste to venture off into something completely new. Use your existing skills and keep expanding your knowledge. And don't give up! Eventually, you'll find a niche that you excel in and hopefully it will lead to financial success...

fpaulego, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  17. mumuh

mumuh Peon

Best Answers:
    store online

mumuh, Feb 24, 2012 IP