1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to find the best business partner

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MurrayRothbard, Feb 2, 2012.

Say you have a great idea for a website and the ability to create compelling content to draw visitors to the site but you needed someone who could create the website how would you go about finding a business partner for this venture?

MurrayRothbard, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  2. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You need to be able to prove your skills and afterwards just reach out in the partner section for example. But for me it seems like if you are not wanting to invest in you own site you are not sure you'll really be able to drive the traffic to the page

Sensei.Design, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  3. Jon1771

Jon1771 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Post in the partnerships section Murray, some people simply don't have the disposable income to invest in their projects online.

Try to get some examples of your work to portray how well you work and to show your dedication and then start approaching people

Jon1771, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  4. Deji

Deji Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As others have said, you could look for a partner in the partnership section. However since you know how to create the content, another option would be to outsource the creation of the website. Some popular outsourcing sites include odesk, guru, getafreelancer, rentacoder, vworker and elance. All the best!

Deji, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  5. PCOnline

PCOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    genuine and valid advice... :)

PCOnline, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  6. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't understand why you'd need a partner for this. Hire web designers, hire programmers or editors. Don't start something with a complete stranger. i wouldn't have a business partner even if that person was a long time friend, lest have a stranger share my profit and work

dojodesign, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  7. aymanbinmoshi

aymanbinmoshi Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a big question for partnership business.

aymanbinmoshi, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  8. MurrayRothbard

MurrayRothbard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone! Incredible help I really appreciate it.

Oh, I can draw the traffic. And the great thing about my idea is you can't do it! I'm a professional poker player and the idea of my website is a free training / coaching website w/ videos, articles, etc. Huge value to a huge and expanding market of people who all have TONS of disposable income. It's a gold mind.

How much would I have to spend, all in, to get a sweet website up and running and how much time would this process take? Assuming I outsource as many have suggested.

MurrayRothbard, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  9. QZAX

QZAX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think most of those who replied got your question wrong. dojodesign is the only one to reply what you asked for.

so, let me make myself clear of what i understood.

You have an idea and want to get a website developed. You can also add content to your site and it is the field of your interest so you are confident that you will do good on this. Now you need someone to make that website for you.

This is what i understood from your post.
    But you did not mention about the fund. Do you need investor for you site or you can invest on your own.

If you do not need any investment then you can go as what dojodesign suggested. Why do you need partner? You can hire a developer to develop your site.

But if you are looking for partner who can invest on your idea, there will be many who will be interested on your idea. You just need to show the credibility of you idea (which i think is very good). You mentioned that not everyone can do what you can do. So, you have some unique skill that is valuable.

No matter if you have fund or not, it is never a bad idea to have a helping partner. Not talking about the partner who will just invest and do nothing else. Talking about such partner who can lend his skill in helping you on the work of the site for achieving the common goal. So, better to have a partner from an IT background specially a developer. He will develop the site and you will add content to it. Since, you do not seem to have good knowledge of domain, hosting etc (i am assuming), you must have someone to look after all of that. system administrator is not an easy job, so you will need someone who have knowledge of that. That's why, if you do not have much knowledge about these stuff, i would suggest you to have a partner who have the skill what you lack.

But again, I will like you to warn you. You know nothing about the system and he knows all. That could be a very dangerous position to be. So, choose someone who can be trusted.

And Best of luck.

QZAX, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  10. dpmembers

dpmembers Member

Best Answers:
    You just need lots of trust. :)

dpmembers, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  11. garybphillips314

garybphillips314 Peon

Best Answers:
    People bring on partners for many many varied reasons. It might be just because we are lonely, or we think that if someone else took on 50% of the responsibilities the business would flourish, or even that we hope someone we think is smarter than we are will save the business with their fabulous knowledge.

garybphillips314, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  12. dpmembers

dpmembers Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, most people have knowledge but are lazy to take action.. hehe,

dpmembers, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  13. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Use online business to business platforms.

jhardy2008, Feb 26, 2012 IP