1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to select an investor for a million dollar idea?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by QZAX, Feb 1, 2012.

1. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Charming. I can honestly say that I've never been asked to 'die my pube pink' before in response to a business query. Although it certainly does have the advantage of 'novelty', I suspect it won't really catch on. Well done for trying though.

BTW, pretty much EVERYONE has a dozen great ideas that 'can be as big as facebook'. Unfortunately, no one will sign a non disc just to hear them. Ideas are cheap - implementation is expensive. Another recurring theme is that no matter how great your latest idea seems to be to you, it probably is already in existance somewhere else. Or under development. Either way, the IP is effectively valueless. It's the IMPLEMENTATION that counts. Which is why you may want to rethink your (ahem) strategy slightly.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    contentboss, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  2. QZAX

QZAX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have never been replied as "My hair is black and my favourite color is blue." in response to my business query.

QZAX, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  3. dpmembers

dpmembers Member

Best Answers:
    I've just finished spoken to QZAX. I don't like to say anything negative so, I will say nothing. I think that will be enough said.

Anyway, I wish him and his potential partners/investors the best of luck.

Regards,
    Well Wisher.

dpmembers, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  4. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    You replied "Tell me more about yourself".

You didn't specify what you wanted to know. I'm not in the habit of divulging reams of personal information to complete strangers who need my money to take an unspecified idea forward.

And neither is anyone else.

You also don't seem to have caught the fact that I was giving you a chance to take your thread back on topic, but well done, you've managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

What can I say? If all you want to do is discuss hair color, or pube dying, you should try somewhere like this:-

More details about Qzax's opportunity

contentboss, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  5. QZAX

QZAX Greenhorn

Best Answers:

First of all, I am not begging for money with you. You are not giving money because you are so kind or generous. You will invest money only if you find the idea good and if it has the ability to give you profit.

Second thing, if you can't even introduce yourself to complete strangers why do you think I should share my idea with another complete stranger. There is a reason why you should not share idea with anyone. What if that stranger turns out to be an IDIOT like you.

This post or this forum is not a battle ground for me. So, I would not worry about victory or defeat here. And what did you say you gave me change to take your thread back on topic. Well, I can see you doing just the opposite all the time.

Finally, it seems you are interested in hair, color, dye and public parts. That's why you are wasting your such valuable time in looking for such links and forums.

You want more, I will give you. I won't disappoint you.

For everyone else, I would like to thank all for giving your unbiased view and suggestions. I am saying so because I don't think there will be any more discussion on this post that will be worth reading.

QZAX, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  6. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the bottom line is that there is a time and place for humour. When you are pitching for investors is NOT the time. Still, if it works for you, it's your call. I have to say that I'm not the only one who finds your approach... unusual.

Strange that you can't seem to post without mentioning 'hair, color, dye and public parts' (sic). Presumably your idea is related in some way to dying of pubes? There could be a market for it, I suppose. Perhaps you could explain a little more.

contentboss, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Lets get a few things straight.

The OP is asking for advice on HOW to select investors.
    The OP is not asking for finance offers
    The OP is not asking for a review of his "idea"

When the OP wants to ask for actual investors a thread will be started in the Partnerships section.

And when the site hits the top 100 we'll sit back in awe

sarahk, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  8. QZAX

QZAX Greenhorn

Best Answers:

You get the points right.

I would like to tell few more facts and please share your view on that too.

I have just started my site and to think that it is a good idea and will do good. But everyone thinks his idea is good or even best. So, I cannot judge how far it will go.

There have been approaches by investors who demand to know my idea. I am fully willing to share my idea with persons who are seriously interested. But I do not like the approach of most of them. They feel like they will be doing favor by investing. Their tone is similar to that and I react in similar way. If someone wants to build relation and know more, I try to establish a bond because that is very important between partners. Many have reacted as if I would die if they did not help. I cannot accept such behavior and sometime deal in rude manner with rude person.

I would like to know if is it wrong to know someone well before you share your idea. Is my approach wrong.

It's not that I do not have any investor or I need one so badly. I have many who will invest money on my project. Also the amount is very flexible, so I won't worry about the fund at all.

What I want is a good partner who will think for the site as I would. Who will care about the site and would try his best effort to make it big.

I do not want some money lending businessman who will think me and my site as just another client or one more partnership.

QZAX, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  9. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, so judge them on how much equity they want and how much they are willing to pay. Also factor in whether they are prepared to do anything else aside from invest that you nee d(promotion, accounts, whatever).

You could also judge based on other successful investments they have already made - i.e. what is their track record.

Keep it strictly business.

Just my 2c.

contentboss, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  10. bwsj81

bwsj81 Member

Best Answers:
    I think the invention of the razor wiped out any market for dyed pubes. JMO.

bwsj81, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  11. QZAX

QZAX Greenhorn

Best Answers:

It is not easy to judge people online.

How can you say that if I have a genuine idea or not. I may just lying about everything and trying to get the money of the investor. Likewise, how can I know if you are real investor and you do have money.

Before you do business with anyone you should be able to trust him/her. You can not trust anyone instantly. It is developed over time.

If two good businessmen best at their work do not coordinate well with each other, no matter how good they are, their business will suffer. That's why trust is very important.

By the way, the site has entered its 1st phase and is progressing. I am planning to enter to 2nd phase after this week. That will be the crucial period and that will tell how quickly and how successful the idea is going to be. Lets hope best for that period. I will be informing about the result.

QZAX, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If its really a million dollar idea the investor will have no qualms about spending a couple of thousand fly over to Nepal and to sit down with you face to face and go over everything. If the investor then walks away from the deal its still cheaper than investing and losing the whole amount.

sarahk, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  13. dpmembers

dpmembers Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the above statement. I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread but if QZAX found his million dollar investor, and u have the time please PM, I would like to be surprised!

Thanks man, good luck!

dpmembers, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  14. Henry_Jakson

Henry_Jakson Peon

Best Answers:
    You should talk to the investor before you select him/her for your business:
    • Money you need.
    • Resources you require.
    • How they will be a part of the business.
    • How they will NOT be a part of your business.
    • What you expect in terms of the relationship’s lifetime.
    • What you will want, should things need to end.

Henry_Jakson, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  15. gr8webseller

gr8webseller Peon

Best Answers:
    everyone in this world have million dollar idea... believe me i have 3 ideas which has power to change the future, but no one will invest unless i show them real product...

gr8webseller, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  16. QZAX

QZAX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That is what i am waiting for. It has done good progress so far. The alexa ranking is within 500,000 in less than 2 weeks and it will do even better progress in next phase 2.

QZAX, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  17. Adamis

Adamis Peon

Best Answers:
    truthfully, a real investor for a million dollar "idea" will always need to know something about the idea. Ideally a pitch doesnt contain the brunt of the actual info but the simplified basics told in an appealing way. Angels and VC's dont typically want to sign NDAs, and in a sense it makes sense why. To them, your idea has no value unless you can prove that you can create that value.. meaning the eventual returns. They dont typically steal ideas because YOU are the only one with all the actual information in your head, atop of this, most investors are already on the board of quite a few startups. That being said, they don't have the time to actually develop your idea but rather give you the tools to develop it just as they gave the tools (funds) to the other startups they have board seats on.

Adamis, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  18. QZAX

QZAX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I must agree with your points. But, I need more than tool. I am alone and need someone, a partner who will assist me to execute the idea. If there is anyone, I will be more than happy to have conversation with you.

It is in its second phase and slowly but steadily it is progressing. Need all the good wishes from all of you. And thanks to all who do so.

QZAX, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  19. mmm555

mmm555 Member

Best Answers:
    Conducting lots of research seems like it might be useful to make a wise selection in a matter such as this.

mmm555, Mar 5, 2012 IP