1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ripped Off in the DP Content Forum

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Gold Sales, Feb 23, 2012.

I purchased an article pack from a seller in the Content Forum about 3 months ago and have just realised that the articles are all stolen content from another publication (word for word).

Before you all say it, I know its my own fault for not checking articles better initially. But I did check them with copyscape (for what its worth) and there were no results shown. I didn't use the articles straight away and only just come to use them 3 months after purchase. And I have just realised that the articles are all copied straight from a publication on the site http://www.scribd.com.

The publication is a book of some kind and in flash or some graphical format (so maybe copyscape cannot read this format) but google can index it, thats how I eventually found that the content was copied.

I think its too late now to do anything about this as Paypal won't allow a Dispute more than 2 months later. And I paid from my Paypal balance rather than a credit card (so can't chargeback through a credit card).

The seller was active on DP until about 2 weeks ago but since I have been messaging and emailing the seller they have dissappeared and I have not had any replies atall.

Again I know I should have checked content more thoroughly earlier and may have had some come back with Paypal. But if nothing else I would like to warn people that copyscape does not show all copies of content and may not be able to read Flash or other graphical content that Google can read and index.

Gold Sales, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  2. siteurl

siteurl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes.

Put a part of content in inverted quotes and do a search in Google to find.

Also you report to the moderator using SPAM option to see what they think.

siteurl, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  3. Gold Sales

Gold Sales Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep! I know I should have took more care over checking the content (not just used copyscape).

siteurl: Where is the SPAM reporting option to let the MODS know on DP (I can't seem to see it) ?

The seller had good feedback and had made other sales on DP without complaint, so I trusted them (more than I should have).

Gold Sales, Feb 23, 2012 IP