1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Setting up a new business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by micheal3891, Mar 13, 2012.

Hi,
    Am setting up a new business but cant tell all the hidden challenges that will come up. I no a few challenges which i have faced but still i need to no more. Lets say like taxes to be paid and some other hidden charges that might come up

micheal3891, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  2. Consultant Junction

Consultant Junction Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Micheal,

First of all best of luck for your new business. Before starting it just consult with an accountant regarding taxes sort of things. Here you did not mention what is the nature of your business. There are many pros and cons in this. For example. what type of product your are selling, in which location, raw material availability etc.
    Just mention the name of your business. So that we can elaborate it.

Consultant Junction, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  3. ContentBros

ContentBros Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Michael,

Where do you live as this can affect the costs and issues you maybe encounter

ContentBros, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  4. joeyreyes

joeyreyes Peon

Best Answers:
    Starting a business is like a trial and error process. You will be faced with a lot of challenges at first but you will be able to know if you hit your target and if you are on the right track.

joeyreyes, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  5. damagesmith

damagesmith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think knowing where your located might help. Starting a Business should not be trial and error. if thats your plan it is not going to work. you should at least have some idea as too what you want too do. if you plan on going the trial and error route. It would best to do this as a hobby until you have found the combination that works for you,

damagesmith, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  6. Mae Rose

Mae Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    You should really pay taxes because we are obliged to. In starting a business, you must opt for the lowest costs possible. Minimize all overhead costs so that you can gain in your capital.

Mae Rose, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  7. ayeshakapoor85

ayeshakapoor85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Really goods reply, Thanks for sharing.

ayeshakapoor85, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  8. imedia2011

imedia2011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The taxes aren't a hidden cost as many state gov sites will allow you to print the forms which give you an overview of what self-employment or small business taxes/fees are and when they are to be paid. This is something that is highly location-specific so it may benefit you to consult a local tax professional.

imedia2011, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  9. jasssimth5

jasssimth5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi dear,
    First of all best of luck for your new business that you start.Here you did not mention what is the nature of your business Its ok, first of all you need before starting it just consult with an accountant regarding taxes sort of things. So it will help you so much..

jasssimth5, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  10. tory15018

tory15018 Peon

Best Answers:
    The most important thing to consider while starting a new business is the business strategy employed by you. Also you need to market your business properly so that more and more people come to know about your products. There are a number of examples where good products could not achieve success in the market due to lack of proper marketing. So you should be careful about marketing your business.

tory15018, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  11. PeakSearchRank

PeakSearchRank Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about things like taxes to start. Focus on baby steps of building your business to bring in customers and make sales first.

PeakSearchRank, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  12. sumeetmbi

sumeetmbi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hello there,All the very best for your new business and welcome to digital forum, It seems like you are still confused. and please correct your spelling mistake and grammer first. cheers!

sumeetmbi, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  13. Stoney100

Stoney100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Best of luck for your new business, it’s always good to find out everything you need know about your business at the early stage so you don’t run into unforeseen situations later. How countries handle Tax issues may vary one way or the other. You are on the right part, hope everything goes well.:)

Stoney100, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  14. personalive

personalive Peon

Best Answers:
    hey first of all................hire an accountant and take suggestions from him.....................regarding any kind of taxes........
    best wishes for your business

personalive, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  15. vinadaytravel

vinadaytravel Peon

Best Answers:
    It's depend on your nature of business like tourist company, consumer product, internet services ... and where your company based on .... You should tell about that!

Anyway, hope you have luck!

vinadaytravel, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  16. Antonin Artuad

Antonin Artuad Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with many of the others, you need to provide your jurisdiction to be able to comment more usefully. Needless to say, tax filings and other tax issues vary from state to state and country to country.

That important matter aside, having been involved in thousands of business start-ups, here is a very short list of issues for you to consider: (1) choosing the right business entity and tax regime (with most businesses, LLC have become the default choice unless you think venture capitalists or outside investors are on the horizon, then definitely communicate with a securities attorney. Also, LLC offer the full menu of tax options. If you are a single member LLC, you will be taxed by default as a sole proprietor. If you have two or more members, you will be taxed by default as a partnership. If you believe you will be making a meaningful amount of revenue above what a reasonably salary would be and you have either employees or will make a substantial investment in capital equipment, then the Subchapter S election is often made in an effort to reduce payroll taxes. Also, (2) you may wish to do proper due diligence with regard to choosing the name of your business. Many people wrongfully assume that just because they register a business with the Secretary of State, then the SOS will do your due diligence for you to ensure that you are not infringing on someone else's rights with regard to the name. Make sure the domain name (and its various extensions) are available and also consider registering the name on the state or federal level to protect your own rights in the name (or trademark or service mark). Next, (3) be sure you have informed yourself all all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances (I know this is easier said than done, but that is where a competent business attorney comes in). Also, be aware that while many people think that forming a limited liability entity such as a corporation or LLC will make them and their assets bulletproof, the limited liability protection afforded by a corporation or LLC does not protect you against liability for your own acts of negligence or omissions. Therefore, while corporations and LLCs offer some protection regarding your personal assets, I usually think of such protection as the fallback position, whereas the best and first line of defense is going to be a properly drafted set of contracts which competently address various unhappy contingencies so that you don't have to rely on your limited liability protection in the first place. Goodluck!

I AM NOT YOUR ATTORNEY, YOU ARE NOT MY CLIENT.

Antonin Artuad, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  17. mistersam

mistersam Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I also experienced the same thing .. please guidance

mistersam, Apr 2, 2012 IP
  18. vevcom

vevcom Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't believe in there being a set rule for a business. Life is too complicated. Too many variables. Best thing is to have a good plan that covers most aspects of the business, and reserve cash to cover any unforeseen expenses. A business is like a child - ever changing dynamics, you learn about it, as it grows.

vevcom, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  19. micheal3891

micheal3891 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your suggestions. The business i want to get into is IT relatedlike web solution, graphics designs, networking and digital IT equipments. So any further suggestions?

micheal3891, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  20. jeannedubes

jeannedubes Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm gonna setting a new business too :) but I want more money to establish it..

jeannedubes, Apr 22, 2012 IP