1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Stumbleupon to drive traffic to website?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Econox, Mar 20, 2012.

I haven't heard much about Stumbleupon but some say that it has been instrumental in bringing traffic to their sites.

Anyone have success with using this approach?

Econox, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  2. sean83

sean83 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never used it personally myself, but I have heard of guys having success with it, as long as you submit your site/blog to relevant and congruent categories I can't see any harm in it. I remember seeing some guy use their PPC platform to quite good effect, I'm not sure if they have it anymore, but that might be worth checking out, if you're into paid advertising.

sean83, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  3. Joshua Pitts

Joshua Pitts Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I submit my latest blog posts to stumbleupon and I get a few hits from it occasionally. If I were to dedicate myself to it more, then I could probably get a lot more traffic from it...

Joshua Pitts, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  4. ramblingrye

ramblingrye Peon

Best Answers:
    I submitted my website's home page to stumble upon and within a few minutes I got a few traffic. You will also be shown how many people "stumbled" upon your site.

ramblingrye, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  5. amcg

amcg Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's good to get free Traffic - But as it's users are basically just flicking through random websites every second until they see one they like you should expect a high bounce rate.

When you first open an account, you can add up to 10 of your URLs, then about 2-3 per week from there as they limit how many URL's from the same domain are inputted. Once you've inputted an URL, go into it from your 'Likes' on your Account and Rate it with the thumbs button so it gets a little more exposure.

You can get around 2000 free hits per week this way.

amcg, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  6. Abbey14

Abbey14 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can say that Stumblepon is not really effective nowadays in driving traffics. Though, I have experience the benefits of stumbleupon when I used it last 2008 and 2009.

Abbey14, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  7. iPhoneappsexpert

iPhoneappsexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @Grunt , Yea agree with u !! It is one of the best social networking sites. And yes hence quite useful if you use it in a worthy way !! Get social , post your quality information about the website, interact with people and stumble their posts too. By this way you will get traffic and potential visitors on your website.

iPhoneappsexpert, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  8. Gusha

Gusha Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I always submit my posts to Stumbleupon, though don't get a big traffic, but I hope someday it will get couple of targeted visitors.

Gusha, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  9. ironcladus

ironcladus Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you use Stumbleupon the right way it can drive a massive amount of traffic to your website. A post I submitted about a month ago recently received 7000+ hits in one day and still brings in around 150 hits per day. But to be honest it isn't worth much apart from increasing your rank on external ranking websites. The bounce rate is very high and you'll be lucky if you make any money or new subscribers off it.

ironcladus, Mar 22, 2012 IP
  10. simona86

simona86 Member

Best Answers:
    By using stumbleupon you can get massive traffic.You have to just share interesting pictures, information etc. and increase your followers. You will get targeted traffic.

simona86, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  11. ethinoze

ethinoze Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you've got to apply a twist to make it really count

ethinoze, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  12. janinjackson

janinjackson Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using stumbleupon and find it good.

janinjackson, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  13. Econox

Econox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of submissions are you making? Like, what's the niche you are marketing?

Econox, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  14. Alfie

Alfie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can drive traffic from stumble upon, only if you have a reasonable amount of followers, sharing valuable, interesting or fun topics..

Alfie, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  15. ThePassiveIncomeBlog

ThePassiveIncomeBlog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I havent used it till now but the information gave by others convinced me o try it. Thanks!

ThePassiveIncomeBlog, Apr 1, 2012 IP
  16. punya.akmal

punya.akmal Peon

Best Answers:
    I use stumbleupon to submit my blog post, for about 3 weeks. It drives a little visitor from stumbleupon. But I think this is a progress to gain more visitors everyday.

punya.akmal, Apr 1, 2012 IP
  17. andymann808

andymann808 Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't used stumbleupon for a good year or two but have been wondering about maybe revisiting it. In the past I have found it good for getting spikes in traffic but found it doesn't provide much in terms of long term quality traffic or conversions. I think to really benefit from it you need to have something that lends itself to going viral.

andymann808, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  18. Econox

Econox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear that's helped some people out. In terms of those successes, what niches do you think particularly work well? Or what is Stumbleupon's main demographic?

Econox, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  19. meenukapoor

meenukapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Stumbleupon is a good site for gaining a traffic .but this is only whenever useful if you are having a follows ,likes on stumbleupon

meenukapoor, Apr 9, 2012 IP
  20. Pakiisp

Pakiisp Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stumbleupon is best social bookmark site. But it may take sometime follow other members submit popular posts, Vote other members posts. Once you get lot of followers you can drive traffic to your site. For me yes I'm getting 40 to 50 visits from Stumbleupon I've just started it.

Pakiisp, Apr 9, 2012 IP