1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When will Myspace be dead?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sbongo, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Daniel591992

Daniel591992 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I predict 2 years...

Daniel591992, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  2. fbitalian11

fbitalian11 Peon

Best Answers:
    u ever found a friend on there that u lost touch with 12 years ago??? i did... thats the type of stuff that people are on there for... 11-12 year olds have no clue about that type of stuff yet.. they are still in elementary school and they see ALL their freinds for 6 hours a day since they all have 1 class all day long... 18-25 havent seen their friends cuz they live cross country goign to college 26-35 havent seen their friends cuz they grew up and had a family... but now myspace has taken away the awekword phonecalls where in the begining u have a bunch to say but later on u lose topics and sooner or later u just dont call anymore. Now its a message and done... and you can do this continually .... once those 11-12 year olds want to start meeting girls, finding old 5th grade friends(lol) and figure out whats going on for the weekend THEN they will change their tune about myspace.... serisously we all said Myspace is dumb at one point and vowed never to have it ... but then someone forced u/made one for you and thatwas it.. ur hooked... my ex GF made mine... and u know what i been doing it for about 3 years now........ crazy but the trend wont end... whenever there is a need to contact .. myspace is usually the first way to go... also found its easier to ask a girl for her mysapce than her number but ehh thats a diff topic lol ;)

fbitalian11, Nov 13, 2006 IP
    chaoward likes this.
  3. chaoward

chaoward Peon

Best Answers:
    Spot on. I once vowed to never have a myspace, but then I got sucked in too, just because of the people I know who have one, and the people I knew years ago having one. ;)

chaoward, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  4. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    Quoted for knowledge!

Seriously I couldn't have said it myself better. Really... awesome, everything covered well.

IT

Correctus, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  5. bochgoch

bochgoch Peon

Best Answers:
    $580 million dollars from News Corp and 130 million users -- it's not going anywhere, anytime soon.

bochgoch, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  6. fbitalian11

fbitalian11 Peon

Best Answers:
    ehh i just thought it was horrible to be quoting 11year olds ona subject like this lol... but yea.. myspace lives on and makes all of us rich lol

whats funny is that the thing that got me into websites and coding was myspace... without it i dont think i would have EVER got into the webmaster world

fbitalian11, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  7. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MS is set for life indefinitely, unless they screw up big time, like their servers crash and they lose all data or similar!

Fahd, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  8. drewbe121212

drewbe121212 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Zoints is 100000 times better in my opinion. Drag and drop interface and all that "cool" stuff :p

drewbe121212, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  9. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace is here to stay. Its traffic will eventualy level off but it will retain a dominant marketshare unlike friendster.

IamNed, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  10. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure it will end up like frien d s ters. They still have traffic just not like it used to?

superrichguy, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  11. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually MySpace is working on such an interface for a while. Not sure their servers can take it the way things are going on around there.

hextraordinary, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  12. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    I would want to own the myspace.com domain in my life. :) But I don't think it'll go dead in many many years.

I wonder how many customers have backordered the domain?

kaung, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  13. deep034

deep034 Peon

Best Answers:
    well since news corp took over, they have been adding lot of new stuff for teens and little more older people like jobs, movies, etc. so its growing and adding lot more features, who knows wut will be coming next. myspace is here to stay, its come along way to just drop in few years.

deep034, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  14. fbitalian11

fbitalian11 Peon

Best Answers:
    cant compare anything that happend to friendster to things that could happen to myspace... friendster NEVER got to 1/8 the size of myspace... friendster droped BECAUSE of myspace.... and its going to take an UNREAL idea to thro off myspace like that with the type of traffic they are getting now... just cant do it

fbitalian11, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  15. choward93

choward93 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The main reason i see myspace is still popular is from the CSS layouts you can add to your profile. Other than that it is quite a poor website that has been overrun with spamming and fake profiles. I have had an account for 18 months and the only thing that i have seen as a user is the increase in advertising. Seems like this is what News Corp. is concerned about.
    I have a facebook account, and i respect Facebook because of the minimalist advertisng, the fast loading pages, and UNLIMITED photo uploads. Now that Facebook is open to everyone, they are on the offensive to take over Myspace. Im not sure that day will come, but I know that Facebook is by far a better user friendly experience and is way more innovative than myspace.
    As for its fate? It will take a while to die off, but recently there has been a decrease in activity for myspace, which means they will have to put their butts in gear to remain the king.

choward93, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  16. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    It's funny, I saw people just like you saying the exact same thing when Friendster was the top dog in town. Where is Friendster now? MySpace is populated by the younger crowd which is very fad driven. It could collapse basically overnight. If they keep refusing to add anything of value to the site there is a chance of them crashing.

30k Challenge, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  17. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    I can already see myspace going 'out of style', people aren't as into as they used to be. 'Got boring I guess, I'm suprised it lasted this long.

check, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  18. lbalance

lbalance Peon

Best Answers:
    if myspace fizzled out, where would the pedophiles go?

lbalance, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  19. WireNine

WireNine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think myspace will die anytime soon.

WireNine, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  20. fatwallet

fatwallet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just think myspace will get bigger.

fatwallet, Nov 16, 2006 IP