1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing YouTube videos (pings, backlinks, etc.)

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by accendo, Apr 4, 2012.

I've been working hard the past 6 months getting several of my channels up and ready to submit an application for partner on YouTube. I was just reading another thread the talking about promoting videos via Pings and Backlinks. can you suggest the best way to ping videos? I know with my wordpress blogs I just have a huge list in the ping section? Also, where is everyone going to get links for videos. I read a post that said backlinks on Fiverr were crap.

Any other marketing ideas for YouTube videos would greatly be appreciated? Right now I am using TubeToolbox and Vagex.

Thanks,

accendo, Apr 4, 2012 IP
  2. Crew Chief 007

Crew Chief 007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What you really want to do is (a). set up a social bookmarking campaign for all of your videos and channels. (b). set up RSS Feeds for all of your videos and channels. (c). Build a varied set of backlinks, (i.e., high PR and low PR) to each video and channel. (d). backlink everything that you have built and run it through one of the services that gets links crawled and or indexed.

Crew Chief 007, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  3. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    I was going to say this same thing but thanks for sharing it.

chinasa, Apr 6, 2012 IP
  4. simona86

simona86 Member

Best Answers:
    Once the user has posted a video in youtube they should do the following this.

use a ping service like pingomatic to ping the url of the video
    also add the url in social bookmarking website (this helps google to index the url more firmly)
    if possible back linking the url (with keyword in the anchor text) of the video page from article directories will

be really helpful.

doing the above 3 tasks will help to boost in SERPs very quickly as youtube itself is a authority website.

simona86, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  5. seo 4 steal

seo 4 steal Peon

Best Answers:
    ping is a one time deal mostly. main reason for pinging is to attract the crawler to your site/page and get it indexed. once indexed, no need to ping anymore. just keep building backlinks and the crawlers will follow the links to visit your site on a regular basis.

youtube video promotion works just about the same way as any other site promotion. you need views from real vewers, feedback on your channel as well as on videos to get your video bumped up within youtube. if you build enough backlinks, your video will end up gaining some serp ranking as well and start showing up on search results.

seo 4 steal, Apr 12, 2012 IP