1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do You Get Paid When You Use Escrow

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Xtremexx, Apr 9, 2012.

Hi, im new to the whole escrow service and i was just wondering how do you get paid when you use escrow? by this i mean once you have sold something via escrow which option do you choose to be paid? this is because im in the UK and i was wondering whether there was any way for me to get my payment faster than check (which is 2 weeks -_-). Also are there any other ways to sell a site safely that will also allows me to be paid via paypal instantly.

Xtremexx, Apr 9, 2012 IP
  2. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is such a newbie question which has been answered many times which is why there are few responses. Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow
    Basically escrow is an intermediary/middleman service (eg. escrow.com ) which holds the money. So buyer pays to escrow service which holds the money. Then you the seller delivers the item and shows relevant documentation/ proof to escrow and the escrow will release the payment to you. It is secure method use in big ticket transactions but pointless to use in small peanut transactions. There are simple instruction on those escrow site that you use that will explain the procedures :)

tradester, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  3. Xtremexx

Xtremexx Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think i phrased the question wrong i meant when someone actually sells something on escrow, which option do they choose. i dont mean the options that are available to me :D

Xtremexx, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  4. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm also from the UK and I always opt for an EFT/Wire... costs something like £30 in bank charges, but once the funds are released they will typically clear your account within 3 working days.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  5. Xtremexx

Xtremexx Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks, might go with this since i dont want to wait 2-3 weeks for a damn check

Xtremexx, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  6. Trusted Friend

Trusted Friend Member

Best Answers:
    If you are in the UK, why not use Europe's leading escrow service www.Transpact.com (FSA Authorised and Regulated).

That way, you can pay in Pounds with no bank transfer costs, and with the UK's Faster Payment System FPS payments are made and received in a matter of seconds, rather than a matter of days.

[Declaration - I work for Transpact.com, but it is a great service, and unbeatable for those in Europe (and possibly elsewhere in the world)].

Trusted Friend, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  7. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Escrow is similar as paypal payment, it just a third party to hold and release the payment.
    By the way, you can actually try western union too, it is fast too

lifeplayer, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  8. Xtremexx

Xtremexx Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for all your reccomendations :D

Xtremexx, Apr 18, 2012 IP