1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New online business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mediarays, May 9, 2012.

Hi,
    I am a graphic designer and i do design projects for web.Apart from that i wish to setup more websites related to known topics like tech and softwares.
    I do not know where to start.
    What kind of websites have more potential and easy to maintain like directory,blog,affiliate website or forums.
    Please help me i have to start with 10 such websites.
    Thanks

mediarays, May 9, 2012 IP
  2. johnnywebb

johnnywebb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should probably rule out forums, not that easy to maintain. Blogs ob viously will require lots of contribution in the form of fresh, new content - preferrably daily - so wouldn't say that's easy to maintain either. An affiliate business could be good, but like a blog it should frequently contain new content so to generate traffic and provide infomation. Review sites are one example. Mostly ran by affiliates of merchants selling products being reviewed. Review sites are cash cows if you can get in their early. Take the hosting review sites. Had you started a review site when go daddy was on it's way up it'd be smooth sailing for a good while. So the key is to check out what products and services (in your case tech and software related products) that are becoming popular and make a site dedicated to reviewing those products. That's just one idea. There are many more that I'm sure you can think of.

Good luck and all the best.

johnnywebb, May 10, 2012 IP
  3. harshamaitra

harshamaitra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can Create blogs in which you have good knowledge. regularly update and make add-sense money

harshamaitra, May 10, 2012 IP
  4. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, blogs are so far the easiest to manage so i suggest you create blogs but you should update it regularly.

chinasa, May 10, 2012 IP
  5. mediarays

mediarays Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If i have more knowledge in designing and creating layouts can i stick to that only instead of making websites or i shall create some websites for future earnings ?

mediarays, May 11, 2012 IP
  6. Gary Ling

Gary Ling Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course you can stick with your skills to design and create layouts.

Maybe you can start by providing your services thorough forums and once you have enough customers, you can either stick to forum marketing or you can create a website whereby your customers will buy your services through your website.

The later is better because by having a website of your own, you can build a list whereby you can tell them when you have a promotion for your service etc.

Hope that helps, mediarays. :)

Gary Ling, May 13, 2012 IP
  7. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    You should make your own website and do SEO properly. So you will be on the right track.

rith, May 13, 2012 IP
  8. mediarays

Best Answers:
    Yes it helped me.I should make a blog or a website through which i can tell my design experience or write article about some designing.
    Thanks a lot!

mediarays, May 13, 2012 IP
  9. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would reckon you to create a website first and attach a blog with it.In website section shows your design skills,portfolios,experience,order page for designing and contact page.In blog section in he same site,share designing tips,articles and so on.

shuvo, May 13, 2012 IP
  10. harshamaitra

harshamaitra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    create blog and update it regularly.

harshamaitra, May 21, 2012 IP
  11. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Key question to ask is what is your objective of setting up these easy to maintain sites?
    Is it to make some money? Promote/ market your core skills/ services?
    If it is to make money, then starting blogs and earning from PPC like adsense will make you peanuts. Of cos there are minority who make profit of thousands per month from a blog but those are small minority. Why? cos the barriers to entry to blog is so low these days. Any Tom Dick Mary or Lucy can start a blog with peanuts capital.
    If it is to promote/ market your services since you have core skills of web design it may be better like other have suggested to start a site offering your services. If you are good with templates/ layouts like Wordpress templates another option could be to start a site offering free downloads of your unique templates and then sell ad space on those templates to advertisers. Importantly when you are starting pick a niche you are good at and focus on that-don't get distracted cos one problem with doing web business is that there are zillion type of sites or business you can do on the web :)

tradester, May 21, 2012 IP
  12. ayeshakapoor85

ayeshakapoor85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Travel websites have more potential and easy to maintain like directory,blog,affiliate website or forums.

ayeshakapoor85, May 21, 2012 IP
  13. mediarays

Best Answers:
    Seriously you have come with a good solution and i will appreciate that.We should focus on the key skills what we have.As you said there countless blogs on internet and in which i have to invest more time and energy.My English also is not topnotch.But i have ideas and skills.I now planned to make web products (templates and themes) while selling them i hire writers and programmers to implement my ideas.
    Thanks for your clean advice :)

mediarays, May 21, 2012 IP
  14. andrewclives

andrewclives Peon

Best Answers:
    The business of a graphic design is a good and also it becomes more popular to make a business at online.If any businessman want to expand their business then they should go for an online business and for that the website of a business must require.

andrewclives, May 22, 2012 IP
  15. haiwin

haiwin Peon

Best Answers:
    blog is good way for you.

haiwin, May 22, 2012 IP