1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to hire freelancer or a team for webdeveloping 6 RULES

Discussion in 'General Business' started by european, May 19, 2012.

Hi, i have lots of knowledge about hireing freenacer.

1. Dont hire asian freelancer expecialy Indinas. They ask to much for their conditions . You looks like a fool when you pay 100 or some more for uploading one already done website from joomle or wordpresss open source stocks. They do it in few minutes and that means that one kid from India earns 50 usd per hour . So dont be fool and think. Giving them so much make them spoiled they dont have limits , they would ask you always more.

2. Never pay in advance , lots of cheater , and again expecialy Inidians, i am not saying that other dont do it as well but they are extra keen to ask u more and more and blackmail you later. SO NEVER GIVE MONEY IN ADVANCE. By giving money in advance you stay without power to influence and what they give you, you have to accept and usualy it is not what were asking.

3. Freelancing websites ?? Cheat!! Why ? You never get what is lowest or the best bid. THeir admin erase bid so that webdevelping is more costly and by that the<y get bigger percetnage if payment is done over thier website.

4. Determine deadline. THey took more projects and according budget they do it not chornologicaly according deals. Always ask daily basis update!!!!!!!

5. Be aware that coding is not so hard is you are expert, so dont pay to much some kids to learn on your website and after that you are paying him, so when he say that is hard to him means that he will learn on you website. Others who will say that they can do it eaisly means you will get something what he done for previous website.

6. Remember when you give him 5 or more USD per hour means means you just paid him whole fortune, becasue some kids who don't do their job and don have access to european markets over internet work for 5 usd whole day . But to them it is not less, they can buy full bucket of food for 5 usd and what we can so be smart and dont let some Indians or such take your moeny for nothing.Take some guys from your neighbourhood, he is better and hel your economy.

european, May 19, 2012 IP
  2. pradip200

pradip200 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information, between there are other options too.

pradip200, May 19, 2012 IP
  3. european

european Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes other option is hireing local webdesigner, who initialy looks more costly but infact he is cheaper because of his cost of living which are higher and he wont cheat you. These ASIANs expecialy Indians , after them webdevelopers from Bangladesh Pakistan are terrible. When you pay them 100 usd for one presentation website you just give them fortune to live like kings while others from their country work whole month for that. So imagine how much earn such kid in month, thousends and it is logic that after that they dotn wont work for less then 5 or less when in one moth he earn for whole life. Hire local webdeveloper because eventiually is it more affrodable then some cheaters from India or Pakistan, Bangledesh.

When i see that one Indians wrote rate of 15 usd , isnt that funny ??? We in Europe and USA cant work for such rate!!!! Internet brought lot of conviniences to some occupation but quality of work fallen as well. Lots of greed and cheat!!!

Last edited: May 20, 2012
    european, May 20, 2012 IP
  4. rgblogs

rgblogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    european joined DP just to write this....himself is a newbie scammer!

AND you paid 100 USD for one presentation. Really?

rgblogs, May 20, 2012 IP
  5. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Dear,
    Looks like you are a kid.
    You can't blame all Asians, if some guy scammed you.
    You have to apologize for your bad words against Asians.
    There are may trusted Asian Buyers and Sellers.
    That doesn't mean if someone scammed then these trusted people will be blamed too.
    Why you have two posts and from these two are here?

pupul, May 20, 2012 IP
  6. european

european Peon

Best Answers:
    As i said i have lot of experiences with ASIANS, and i just want to be helpful. That is different culture and west and east is no more compatible, because east which was poor and convenient for outsourcing become more costly then our locals. This is old story that you will get more if you hire one Indians. Now they don't wont work for less then Americans or Europeans because they have 1000 times more then they had before or what have their mates. That is fact!

No i haven't paid 100 for presentation website, come on ,:D usually they do it for me for less then 40 USD. And i think it too much as well. And i think it worth 10 -20 USD , not more.

I apologize if i insult someone, i just saying be careful with negotiations.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
    european, May 20, 2012 IP
  7. vallen Mcgill

vallen Mcgill Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you are very right, I am working with them for 1 year and I never face any problems. Sometime they worked for me even in night. At what time I call my developers they are available. Please do not abuse people here, Its not a place to do such silly things.

vallen Mcgill, May 20, 2012 IP
  8. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1. if your going to hire someone at a fair rate, who gives a crap what country they are from? if im happy to pay $300 for a site to be developed it goes to anyone that can do it within that budget or the project just doesnt go ahead at all. Im not going to say i have $300 for the project, but oh, your indian, heres $3 for the project...
    2. im actually sick of people saying that because someone lives in xx country they should be paid less as they can live like kings, if your jealous of their lifestyle, go there and live in their shoes
    3. its never easy hiring someone as alot of people wont pay for the work when its done and on the other hand people might not do the work to an acceptable quality.
    4. what exactly is your experience on this? just tell us more about your personal experience, but the way you have said it so far has come across as being totally racist.
    5. your english skills are so poor that i cannot tell which country you are from.

matt_62, May 20, 2012 IP
  9. european

european Peon

Best Answers:
    1. You would be more happy if you get someone who can do it for 70 USD because for rest you can get hosting domain pizza and beer for your company...;)

european, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  10. creativesweb

creativesweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Really good tips indeed. In general is true, you cannot generalize and blame based on the region the abusive behavior of some of these freelancers. Personally, we have had problems in the past with companies trying to rip us off by taking forever at developing a project. The way we approached it is that we found a very professional company out there and also have an in-house programmer and developer who monitor on a tight day to day basis all the work being done by the outsource. It's quite a system we got :) and it works great.

creativesweb, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  11. european

european Peon

Best Answers:
    Its true sometimes you can really find honest and professional web developer. For instance 4 days ago i needed Magento webshop. Offers of offshoring cheaters were more then big companies in Europe or America would ask, more then 500 USD so i waited and found indian company who made to me for 80 USD. Same thing i got 7 times cheaper.
    That i call off shoring !

In EUROPE 500USD, in INIDA 80 USD.

european, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  12. european

european Peon

Best Answers:
    Basiclly what is going on with USA and Europe if labor force from 3. world are paid as worker in USA Europe? Offshorring is dying. It should be careful with amount when you negotiate with Indians and similar mates. SO soon i will bring you here a price list of various websites when you hire Indians ...

european, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  13. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    but why are you so passionate about this subject anyway? Do you do freelance work? You talk like as if your from the USA but you dont seem to be a native english speaker. I myself suck at grammer and spelling, but i cant tell for certain if your american or not.

Not everyone here is from the US. For me, regardless of who i hire, its all 'offshore'. If you must know, My recent quotes for simple things have been $550 and $800 -> can i afford it? no. Do i care what country they were born in? No -> quite simply if i cant afford it, i cant afford it.

But dude, what is odd to me is that you seem to be against hiring 'indians' (or anyone non-us). If you can afford it, hire anyone you want locally. If you cant afford it, hire anyone from anywhere that can do it for your budget.

Dont come back and tell us what prices to pay for non-us workers for webdesign and development. Because you need to be able to distinguish between:
    * people that are total beginners or still doing training. (their price and quality will be low)
    * those that are qualified but and have limited experience (ie no portfolio) (their price might be low so that they can build a portfolio)
    * those that have years of experience and years of training. (would understandably be high to reflect the quality of service they can provide)

What im trying to say here is that even within the indian community you will have a different pay scale. Just because one person at the bottom end of the scale did a website for cheap so that they could eat, doesnt mean the rest of the country has to work at that rate. To further this, I would state that someone from india who has 10 years of experience, can do jaw dropping work, consistently performs well, delivers within the timeframe, has excellent communication skills, and has a proven track record with hundreds of clients that can testify that they are good, and i would say that this person is worth more per hour then someone from america who dropped out of school and read the idiots guide to webdesign.

You telling us what to pay for indians is like me looking up here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._minimum_wages

and then saying right, im going to hire americans at $10per hour (its above the minimum wage so clearly im being generous.)
    (anyone from america, dont correct me on this, as i know what im saying is stupid. Im just trying to drive my point home)

matt_62, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  14. supersonicemporium

supersonicemporium Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm going to agree with SOME of what European has said. I used Odesk for a while to try and outsource a lot of my marketing. However, in the end whatever was produced was garbage. Now, did it happen to be because everyone was Indian? Maybe, maybe not.

However, regardless of that fact, what I SHOULD have done was not pay up front. That's just plain stupid since it allows the scammers to take your money and run. The other problem is that I paid hourly. This was also just plain stupid because on Odesk you are allowed to see their "Work Diary" and see what they are doing on their computer screen. All I saw was a ton of tabs open working on MULTIPLE people's accounts at the same time. So really, they aren't devoting 100% of their efforts on your work.

The best thing to do is pay a flat rate like $xxx for some job completed. That way, you won't get screwed over for them goofing around or not getting the amount of work done that you'd expect from a full timer.

supersonicemporium, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  15. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @supersonicemporium -> you sound like you have alot of experience in this field, and you sound like you are not biased for or against any specific nationality. So i would like to ask you if there is anyone (or any company) that you recommend?

matt_62, Jul 8, 2012 IP
  16. european

european Peon

Best Answers:
    Multinational companies don't have same salary list for workers from 3rd world countries and west countries. Difference is 10, 20 times or more. Only on internet such 3rd world workers find fools who pay them 5 USD or more per hour. Employers should pay attention more on that !! Rather pay locals more then hire overpaid Indians ,Bangladeshe,Sri lankans and such exotic "workers" and "coworkers ". .) When you will talk to them notice that they never say , "i dont know how to do it", they know everything, and that means for you WASTING TIME.

european, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  17. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, well said my friend.

P.S. I am from the U.S but OP, you are being very stereotypical and your also horrible with your grammar. Maybe stop insulting and do more learning :)

P.S.S. You won't be able to get away form Indians on this forum. Indians make up about 50% of this forum. Yeah some Indians can be a pain in the butt, but really there are good ones out there too.

TheDuke2011, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  18. KristinWard

KristinWard Member

Best Answers:
    Just because you had some bad experiences doesn't mean that every Asian out there is going to do the same thing. Just a many american scammers out there. That being said it can be harder to take action against an overseas company then one here in the united states. Which is why research is important. :p

KristinWard, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  19. pilot35

pilot35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    indians are scammers they are trying to get rich quick

pilot35, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  20. eyesight

eyesight Member

Best Answers:
    thank you very much for sharing you experience with us.actually i work in odesk and i use this site for hiring freelancer.

eyesight, Aug 5, 2012 IP