1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google webmastertools reports site as being slow

Discussion in 'General Business' started by softarea51, May 21, 2012.

Hello,

Lately I've been trying to optimize my site to increase the page speed. After all my efforts the site performance tool under webmastertools still report the site as being slow.

Here is an example:

On average, pages in your site take 4.1 seconds to load (updated on May 20, 2012).

What strikes me the most is the time to load (10s) for my homepage: www.softarea51.com. How is this possible ? I tried loading that page from different computers, using different browsers ... and it's always loading very fast.

I can only assume that google bot tries to fetch the home page in the same time when the site is under heavy load from other bots, but this should not happen each day.

Any ideas ?

softarea51, May 21, 2012 IP
  2. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well it seems like you are calling all your scripts used within the head of the page move some of them to the footer and try to reduce the number of images used ;)

Sensei.Design, May 22, 2012 IP
  3. softarea51

softarea51 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a difference between header and footer since the scripts will have to be loaded anyway ?

softarea51, May 22, 2012 IP
  4. Sensei.Design

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sure the scripts have to be loaded anyway but if you place them in the footer the rest of the site will be loaded way faster and viewers can start reading earlier

5. softarea51

softarea51 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please tell me how many seconds take to load the homepage on your side ?

6. Sensei.Design

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Depends on which of my sites you check ;) Google itself takes 1,7 secs which is what I aim for with my themes, but in the end it's your decision if you want to put work into it or not. You can use Firebug to check which elements slow down the loading speed

7. softarea51

softarea51 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe I was misunderstood. I meant to load the homepage of my site, the one reported as being slow.
    Thanks.

8. rmt99e

rmt99e Active Member

Best Answers:
    First try to remove scripts you don't need, and then look for the ones that take longest to load and consider deleting them. Also try to optimize your images.

rmt99e, May 31, 2012 IP