1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to start a free education site?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lukedc, May 30, 2012.

Hi,

I am trying to start a free education site. Here is what I have so far:

http://sharepub.info/introduction-to-biology-course

I am starting with biology. However, i just want your opinion. should I start with math? Like, teach math skills? Would that get more people, since more employers need math skills?

Do you think creating an education site would work? It takes a lot of time to create the site...

Thank you so much,

Luke

lukedc, May 30, 2012 IP
  2. lukedc

lukedc Peon

Best Answers:
    how come no one is answering?

lukedc, May 31, 2012 IP
  3. SpeakWhatsReal

SpeakWhatsReal Peon

Best Answers:
    Why start a free educational site? People actually do pay $ for there kids to learn because it shows that, that company deserves it and is high quality anyway.

SpeakWhatsReal, May 31, 2012 IP
  4. moonwalker

moonwalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think making a math course is a great idea. I am one class away from graduating college. Guess what class I haven't taken? Math! For some reason math has always been my biggest problem in school. This is not uncommon. Several other people I talked to this semester are not graduating because they also haven't taken math, which is just basic algebra. So, yes do a math course. Search in Google's keyword tool and look for exact matches on keywords like "online math courses" "free algebra tutorials" "free algebra lessons" and so on. I'm sure you will see a ton of people searching on the subject.

moonwalker, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  5. suave

suave Peon

Best Answers:
    yea start with math and try some youtube vids. those are really popular with kids looking to tutor themselves

suave, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  6. SpringCypress

SpringCypress Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice Idea...

I like your idea. And you're putting together good content. Here's a suggestion. Make Chapter one free, but then have a subscription / membership for anything past Chapter One.

I'd start with whichever subject you feel most comfortable with.

SpringCypress, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  7. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What's your Education background?

NetStar, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  8. HFlame7

HFlame7 Peon

Best Answers:
    The site looks good. Go with your passion. People are always going to need more of math than Biology, but the math niche is also more competitive -- meaning you could see more traffic from Biology.
    Additionally, you've already started working on Biology, so I'd just finish that one up.

Also, if you ever add any paid courses (which I recommend), then go with Moodle (moodle.org) or another course management system for that.

HFlame7, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  9. latebloomer

latebloomer Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope you dont mind my suggestion.
    First, check your spelling. Navagate instead of navigate will drive people away.
    Second, Educational sites thrive because they earn profit in some way. You can either make it free but put some advertisements. Or make content that is worthwhile paying for.
    Third, math or biology will not matter. You must write on something that you have good knowledge and make it enjoyable.

latebloomer, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  10. lose4tech

lose4tech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    well,you seem to be a biology guy and i think you should focus on it..may be maths has much more demand but for the timing you should stick to biology and go step by step...after providing best things in biology you can go for maths and so on.but for now just focus on delivering the best educational experience in whatever you are the best because you must go step by step to achieve the heights

lose4tech, Jun 6, 2012 IP
  11. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    My opinion for sharing is usually you can share some project while most people will hunger for information when doing their school project. You might share some related topic of it as well.
    For math usually need lot of elaboration in order to understand the formula. How about you can try with math blog but you can use together with video in blog to teach while it more effective. You might get your niche, while i can see all the while got english course , marketing course but it less to found calculation course.
    It really challenging.

JerrickYeoh, Jun 6, 2012 IP
  12. saurav925

saurav925 Peon

Best Answers:
    a investor needed for my business who can invest 15000$ .... it is a very nice business gonna earn alot from it!!!!!!!my business is online....msg me

saurav925, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  13. marcemusza

marcemusza Peon

Best Answers:
    Get involved with Wordpress, get a domain name, install the platform, and it will make the work muuuuch easier.
    Install a nice looking theme, relevant plugins, and you are set :)

marcemusza, Jun 14, 2012 IP