1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can somebody tell me How do you find your content ideas for blogs and websites?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by nishantdon, Jun 2, 2012.

I am a tech blogger and own a website. I get short of ideas sometimes. I need to optimize my offering. I need to know what will be the most searched topics over the next few days so that I can leverage on those.

nishantdon, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  2. virtuallycapable

virtuallycapable Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you use RSS feeds? I keep them all in Google Reader, and check out the news related to my blog often--- frequently it gives me ideas--- and I occasionally do a roundup post, giving credit to the blogs that wrote the articles and put together a blurb about them.

virtuallycapable, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  3. Dean F

Dean F Banned

Best Answers:
    If you want to know what is the most searched topic ?

Use Google Trend!

Dean F, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  4. AllanJames

AllanJames Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Have you tried Google Trends? It shows what's hot. Do a search on your subject/niche and look for what they call Breakout items.

AllanJames, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  5. Endless Rain

Endless Rain Member

Best Answers:
    You can always get ideas in yahoo answers and google updates. The possible ideas is endless. You can also check social bookmarking sites and see what are being talked about. Same goes for twitter and facebook as well.

Endless Rain

Endless Rain, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  6. nishantdon

nishantdon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Thanks for your inputs . I do use all these, Google reader, google trends etc. and all these give me a lot of ideas on what to write and blog about. But all these are passive things. I mean the ones from where I get the idea already have the first mover advantage. They are bound to get more than me on the same content. What I want is something to be told by some algorithm or something that will give me ideas about the topics that will be searched over the internet. For example, if I know what will be the twitter's most trending hashtags on a particular date, I can leverage on it.

And I don't mind paying for it as this will surely get me a lot traffic.

I Hope you get the idea.

nishantdon, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  7. nishantdon

nishantdon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Thanks for your inputs . I do use all these, Google reader, google trends etc. and all these give me a lot of ideas on what to write and blog about. But all these are passive things. I mean the ones from where I get the idea already have the first mover advantage. They are bound to get more than me on the same content. What I want is something to be told by some algorithm or something that will give me ideas about the topics that will be searched over the internet. For example, if I know what will be the twitter's most trending hashtags on a particular date, I can leverage on it.

And I don't mind paying for it as this will surely get me a lot traffic.

I Hope you get the idea.

8. PaulSch

PaulSch Active Member

Best Answers:
    How on earth can there be any algorithm for something that "is going to happen"? Maybe there´s one for this week´s lottery numbers.

Ask a fortune teller.

PaulSch, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  9. nishantdon

nishantdon Peon

Best Answers:
    there can be, it is not impossible. for example, the software might tell us that the IPL will be the most tweeted term in India during 22nd to 27th May. OR, Queens jubilee will be the most searched term over the internet during 2nd-5th June. It is not impossible. And for that matter, every great invention was once considered as impossible ;)

10. PaulSch

PaulSch Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are talking about scheduled events, which has got nothing whatsoever to do "what may happen" so you don´t need an algorithm for that.

Say for example that there was a nuclear power station meltdown in the UK at the same time as the jubilee - what would that do for your prediction?

PaulSch, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  11. nishantdon

nishantdon Peon

Best Answers:
    no... This was just an example. the idea is to get a prediction to get more visitors.

12. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep an eye on same-niche sites to see what they are writing about. Read books about your niche, read the news, use social media, trends etc. to find ideas. WRITE DOWN this ideas. i usually have them as titles only, since it;s enough to remember them and be able to write an entire article about them.

dojodesign, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  13. lisa28

lisa28 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should see google analytics and check which keywords on your site are bringing in traffic and rank higher on your site. Try to repeat posts on such keywords. Golden tip!

lisa28, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  14. nishantdon

nishantdon Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, a good tip indeed. But that would make me write on one or two topics only. There must be something better

nishantdon, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  15. nishantdon

nishantdon Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, thanks a lot, nice advice. This will help me gain a lot of ideas and content :) *thumbs up*

nishantdon, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  16. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    A good option could be tech magazine. From their, you can easily pick the idea people are talking about. For unique content I like to go through these.

rubeljoy, Jun 6, 2012 IP
  17. nishantdon

nishantdon Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for this unique idea, any tech magazines that you can refer to me ??

nishantdon, Jun 6, 2012 IP
  18. nishantdon

nishantdon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have been researching a lot on the internet for this matter, I've found out a site that completely offers what I was desiring. Please see http://signup.writersplan.com/ for details, They will launch the product soon and will offer discount to early bird registerers, so I would suggest you guys to register. I hope this works well for all the bloggers like me. Fingers crossed :D:rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
    nishantdon, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  19. ambrosiabhm

ambrosiabhm Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a good thread! Very useful for those wanting to learn more about content writting

ambrosiabhm, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  20. nishantdon

nishantdon Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, it is, n that's y people trust digitalpoint :)

nishantdon, Jun 12, 2012 IP