1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long till after phone interview?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Snake Eye, Jun 4, 2012.

I had a phone interview a few days ago on Wednesday, it was just with a recruiter though so I could not really ask a whole lot of questions specific to the job or company.

I think the phone interview went well, but I am really not sure. I answered all of their questions to the best of my ability, I just hope I didn't talk too fast. In the past I usually had both the phone interview, then in person interviews already scheduled, this place just did phone so far.

Anyway, how long do you think I should wait before I assume this place is not interested?

Snake Eye, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  2. CIAD Hosting

CIAD Hosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Good to hear that you gave all the answers. You should wait for at least a month for this place. But also try to have more interviews to as many places as you can.

CIAD Hosting, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  3. oseer

oseer Member

Best Answers:
    I would call back in 2-3 days and then you'll know for sure if they're interested or not. The callback will also show them that YOU are truly interested as well.

oseer, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  4. johnnywebb

johnnywebb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would do what CIAD suggested. In addition I would follow up with them soon after the interview, just to see how things are coming along. It's important to remind them to let you know if there is anything else they need from you and that you will be happy to assist them with anything else they may need from you to make their jobs of choosing the right candidate a lot easier. You want to help. In other words, be of service to them. It solidifies your interest (employers want to know you are very interested) .. and most importantly... it shows your value without them (or the company(s) they are doing it for) having to hire you first. Demonstration is a very effective form of persuasion. I speak from experience of hiring others. It's always the people who show me they are very interested and who are of service that get the job. :) Wishing you all the best.

johnnywebb, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  5. Snake Eye

Snake Eye Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks, you guys all gave some great advice. Unfortunately there is no way that I can follow up with them. This is a major corporation, it is not one that I can just pick up the phone and call directly to speak with HR, nor can I walk into their building without authorization.

There is no way at all for me to follow up because what they do is have some 3rd party company schedule the phone interview. The girl that called me said she was with the company I applied for, but I am pretty sure it is an outsourced recruiter because I googled the number she called me from and it showed up as a recruiter for multiple corporations.

She told me that she would forward the information from our phone interview to the company I applied for, and a local recruiter from that company would call me only if they want to proceed with me. She told me if they were not interested that I would not hear anything back.

I really want to work for this company because they have great benefits, and are within 15 mins of where I live, and no highway traffic. But I don't like that I was speaking with a 3rd party, and could not ask any questions about the company. Plus she could not pass along any questions I asked either, so its like they don't even know how interested I am in working there.

I hope I am wrong, but I just don't expect to hear anything back from them based off of this whole situation. I probably need to just not think about it since it does not appear to be in my hands.

Snake Eye, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  6. cfox498

cfox498 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you must have their email address. I assume you followed up the interview with a Thank You email for taking the time to speak with them? Also, try not to focus too much on that one job or you sound desperate the next time you speak to them.

cfox498, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  7. Snake Eye

Snake Eye Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No there was not an email address, they sent me an automated email with a link to choose a date for phone interview. But an actual employee of the company contacted me a few days ago and we did a second phone interview, and now I have a face to face interview scheduled next week.

So it turns out the process was much faster than I thought. The original phone interview just seemed strange to me, and made me think I was not going to hear anything.

Snake Eye, Jun 8, 2012 IP