1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. ViperBlood

ViperBlood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fixed...............

ViperBlood, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  2. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,

If you're a proxy webmaster looking for more exposure and to boost your traffic, there's a few new places to advertise. I have added premium featured links to all my proxy lists at very competitive rates. The ads are placed at the top of every main page, a maximum of three at any one time are accepted and you gain prime spot on fresh growing proxy lists. I have big plans to develop new features, so be sure to buy now before the price goes up. If you're looking to increase visitor numbers for a low cost, check out these sites:

http://www.freshproxylist.com
    http://www.proxy-topsite.com
    http://www.proxysitelist.org
    http://www.proxysubmit.com
    http://www.webproxies.org

venturefox, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  3. sheree99

sheree99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    sheree99, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  4. darkbasement

darkbasement Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, submit your proxies here:
    tigerproxy.net

darkbasement, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  5. pr0xyGuy

pr0xyGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I was earning a little bit cash a few years ago from proxies, so my question, is it still profitable thing to do? Let's say I will set 3 .com proxies, advertise it on proxy.org for email blast and bold listing. I will spend ~100$. Is it worth it? Thank you very much.

pr0xyGuy, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  6. SKULL

SKULL Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think proxy.org is worth all the $$ you spend on it , there are better ways and cheaper ways to advertise your proxys.

SKULL, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  7. pr0xyGuy

pr0xyGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you maybe give me an advice where to spend $ on? That would be amazing.

pr0xyGuy, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  8. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is still money to be made but things have changed in the last few years, it's not as easy now. The best traffic you can get is from search engines so you should read up on SEO techniques and apply them. 3 proxies won't make so much though, you'll have a job to make payout threshold for months unless you get a whole heap of quality traffic, and use a good theme with high CTR too, that'll help. Submitting to proxy lists will get some good traffic but again it's not long term, good to 'get the word out' though if you're just starting. Pick them carefully though, some aren't worth the bother. If they're full of free domains and/or with little to no hits it's best to avoid them imho. There are some good ones but not as many as last year, do some research to find the best ones. Social network sites can do quite well if done right apparently, Facebook, Twitter and the like.

I'd have to agree with this, pretty much any email blast sends poor quality low converting traffic, I block those 'bad' countries anyway so for me it's a waste of effort. The traffic sent is only temporary too, they'll forget about you after a few days so it's not long term either. I'm sure sys admins subscribe to those as well so your proxy will likely get blocked quicker too. I've never tried the bold listings but others here have said they don't get a very good return on it.

If you want to make some money with proxies then I think you'd be best to make lots and build a network, cheap .info's will do for that, and block poor countries as well, the revenue will be higher and resource usage less if you're on a budget. Spend your $100 on decent proxy hosting (xproxyhost is best value) or a vps (bluevm.com VM4 recommended, with optimised Kloxo CP), and lots of cheap domains, then submit those to the lists, it'll be a quicker ROI (return on investment) and you can build on your .com's for longer term traffic with SEO 'magic'.

Don't forget too that the 'proxy season' will be all but over soon (weeks) as the summer means no kids or students at school/college/uni etc. so there's less demand and less income to be made 'till September onwards. It's a good time to build a network though and work on getting natural traffic, it's the best sort. It's also a good time to have a read through this thread to get some ideas as well :D

UncleP, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  9. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are there any good CPM networks out there for proxy websites other than adversal?

Regards

Luke

lukey372, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  10. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Others: yes, as good: no. Adversal pay well and on time, I haven't found any decent alternatives yet. It's a one horse race for proxified pages. They've upped their traffic requirements since I joined last year but still worth having if you can get accepted..

UncleP, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  11. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey UncleP,

I am using adversal at the moment but as you know there are alot of adblockers these days. So earnings have been affected by this.

I was thinking about converting to mediashakers / fidelity-media.

Regards

Luke

lukey372, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  12. rocksfan

rocksfan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mediashakers pay on time and no minimum requirement
    but there earning is very very low compare to adversal

Scammers (Be aware)
    GlobalInteractive.com
    AdNetwork.net

rocksfan, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  13. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They aren't really that bad I guess. I mean with 500k impressions a month it will be worth it.

What happened with global interactive?

lukey372, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  14. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's nothing wrong with trying several advertisers on the same page in principle (I wouldn't mix pop up/unders though) or maybe doing split testing, but Adversal still payout the best so they'll do me for now. If you have over 20,000 hits per day then you could try Xtendmedia, that's their minimum requirement along with country specific traffic (tier 1 & 2) but I don't come close on any one site, I don't know what their revenue is like either so if anyone has info please share.
    Banner ads seem to do very poorly though, whether publisher, affiliate or otherwise in my experience.

UncleP, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  15. rocksfan

Best Answers:
    xtendmedia is hard to get in from proxy sites

also they ask you to send them invoice for payment each time u want to cash out... which i hate

and they do have minimum payment requirement, which is another crap

trafficrevenue is good for proxies, there ads r annoying but they do pay fast and minimum requirement is only 5$

16. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I did email xtendmedia last year and ask if they accept proxies and what they needed, they said they do but at 20k daily hits (impressions) that puts me well out of the running. I didn't ask about their minimum payout, but invoices for payment, mmm not good for a little fish like me. Looks like they're geared more towards 'proper' business clients.
    As for trafficrevenue, well I hate them with a passion tbh. They slow sites to a crawl at best, full stop at worst, and come with lots of nasties on drive by's so make for a very bad user experience usually imho. They used to hang my browser more often than not and I'd end up rebooting Windows.

There isn't a lot of options left for proxy pages unfortunately, those publishers that are left can afford to be fussy now. There's still money to be made though so I'll be squeezing what I can out of the niche for a while yet (while I still can) :)

@Luke: You mentioned ad blockers, I don't think it'd be so much of an issue for institutional users, schools & offices etc. as they don't have control over installed software but home users yes, I even use one myself. I have seen some proxies now that show a message if you have one enabled though, not sure if that's a good thing or not but I might give it a try soon. They use Javascript to detect zero space between <div> tags where ads are, no space means ad blocker on, I'll have to experiment.

UncleP, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  17. tom11011

tom11011 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense still pays me well, I can't use them on the proxified pages, but works great on the index page.

tom11011, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  18. SKULL

SKULL Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I use to use trafficrevenue but its full of malware so i stoped using them.

I use Adversal and Adf.ly

SKULL, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  19. rocksfan

Best Answers:
    probably my traffic died because of trafficrevenue ads , but they pay fast is only my point.

adf.ly is link shortening service and they pay when someone visits the link from your adfly url

but where/how do you use it in proxies??

20. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm now using YieldAds. I'll let you know how it goes :)

Regards

Luke

lukey372, Jun 14, 2012 IP