1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I would like to hire a virtual assistant but have no idea how to go about it

Discussion in 'General Business' started by crazlunatic, Jun 18, 2012.

I basically would like to hire a virtual assistant. What I really mean is I would like to hire someone in a low-cost jurisdiction to help me with some duties (not too hard but not too easy either.) Must be moderately fluent in English. The exact task is to research a bunch of companies and find the top personnel and their emails.

I don't know how to go about this in order for it to not screw up. Also, what is the lowest cost per hour I can get this done by? How can I be sure that the virtual assistant is not just taking his time to finish the work?

If the DP community could give me some advice or tips, that would be great. Thanks!

crazlunatic, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  2. serajinn

serajinn Peon

Best Answers:
    Google "Outsource to the Phillipines" India may be good too.....
    $2 an hour in the Phill. Should be easy to hire, but must work on
    specific duties, how you want the reports done, how often to get
    back to you, how many replies... Sounds like work, hey, I know
    get a VA to prepare it for you.. you could, Google "Ou

serajinn, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  3. crazlunatic

crazlunatic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just to clarify, this isn't an advertisement. It's a request for more information. I will post a thread in BST later.

crazlunatic, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  4. aliwaji

aliwaji Peon

Best Answers:
    Why you are wandering. Go to Freelancer Website you will get many talented and professional assistants, freelancers and workers to work on your Task. Regular and on Project based too.

aliwaji, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  5. hazlebrown

hazlebrown Peon

Best Answers:
    You simply go on different freelance sites where you get your virtual assistance.

hazlebrown, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  6. Pamsol

Pamsol Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many freelance websites on the internet where you can hire an outsource worker.

I know of one that you can hire mainly from the Phillipines its called onlinejobs dot ph

You can get full time or part time workers anywhere from $150 - $500 monthly.

You can also research on tips to make this go smoothly on the internet or on replacemyself dot com

Hope these two resources help.

P.s
    when you hire, it's always best to start with a probationary week or month to test out the worker before making s longer commitment.

Pamsol, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  7. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Your cost per hour will depend on whether it is a long-term contract or just a few hours job.

Generally, shorter is the work period, higher is the cost per hour. For long-term work, workers are willing to accept lower rates (per hour).

If you are not sure about how long it will take, you can ask the worker to agree to a per email or per site rate.

sachin410, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  8. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In order to pay hour rate, you can actually consider to pay per project, mean you pay base on the number of email they found. I suggest use VA from Phillipines, their communication skill is good enough. You can consider to start a thread at DP BST section, the service provider will let you know the price

lifeplayer, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  9. dutta07

dutta07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why you are thinking in this matter. Now a days all kinds of workers can hire from various online source. So, Go to Freelancer Website you will get many talented and professional assistants, freelancers and workers to work on your Task. Regular and on Project based too.There you can choice what types of worker do you like. You can talk with them and settle your demand. Please do not late, try.

dutta07, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  10. Bilkat19

Bilkat19 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Post a thread in any for hire type section on any IM forum and you will be knocked out with responses. I will say go over your own system before you hire someone. Have all of the details figured out before you hire anyone. Most of the VA's out there are cheap and will only do exactly what they are told to do. So if you don't have it together and easy to understand you will be throwing your money out the window.

I have found some good people on Odesk and Blackhat world. There are some really good ones on the warriorforum. I am new to this forum but I am sure the are a ton of people here who can do the job in a first rate fashion.

Bilkat19, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  11. system7

system7 Peon

Best Answers:
    For this type of job I would pay per lead. Create the job posting on one or two freelancer boards. Request bids. Hire 3 or 4 people. Retain those that offer you the best ROI.

system7, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  12. aoreiano

aoreiano Banned

Best Answers:
    Post in the BST section with full details and usually you can hire the Virtual Assistants here for $4/Hour

aoreiano, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  13. timbonitus

timbonitus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You could just find someone to help you on this website, give details about your tasks, and how much you will pay, and you will have a bunch of people emailing you in a few minutes.

timbonitus, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  14. LCArticles

LCArticles Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends what you want, you can get good VA's on odesk and freelancer etc.

LCArticles, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  15. linkforrent@gmail

linkforrent@gmail Guest

Best Answers:
    Odesk is good too. I get my workers from there.

linkforrent@gmail, Jun 26, 2012 IP
  16. websitedelux

websitedelux Peon

Best Answers:
    Local college student make great interns :)

websitedelux, Jun 27, 2012 IP