1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Agriculture based investment

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Castro Medici, Jun 18, 2012.

I would like to get some opinions on an interesting investment platform based on agricultural output. Now, I usually specialize in common equity investments, as well as personal lending, but I am always looking for new investment opportunities, like i'm sure many of you here. Intofarm caught my eye, as it allows the investor to buy into actual tangible farmland (from my knowledge, located primarily in China) through their online platform. In turn, you gain monthly return in form of "farm assets", which you are in turn able to sell for profit.

I am a new member to intofarm, but I have to say, that i'm quite excited about such an emerging investment opportunity that goes beyond standard wall-street gimmicks and derivative gambling, and provides tangible opportunities for local employment in areas where the farms are brought up, which in the end, betters and provides work opportunity for these areas, and yields a handsome return for me.

I'd like to get an opinion from you guys about what think in regards to agricultural based investments.

Some facts:
    - the virtual assets on intofarm, or "eggs", are representations of tangible revenue based on production output.
    - intofarm is a Netherlands based company which partners with agricultural development companies in China

If you happen to have additional info or insight on this company, I would love to hear it.

PM me if you have a question about my experience with IF so far.

Please make sure you are a knowledgeable investor with knowledgeable information.

Castro Medici, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It seems like something that I would not want to "invest" in.

First and foremost you are not investing in "actual tangible farmland" as you suggest, you are investing in virtual farms that make made up virtual returns called "eggs". You make more of course by getting others to sign up, always the sign of a shady "investment". Then the company takes your real money and may actually invest some of it in actual Chinese farmland. They may in fact give some returns in real cash from their actual investment. But you own nothing tangible, you merely own a virtual farm. This is NOT a serious investment nor should anyone consider it as such.

I would call the spending of real money on a virtual farm, well, a joke.

browntwn, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  3. Castro Medici

Castro Medici Banned

Best Answers:
    Do you understand the concept of a "join investment"? Individuals pool funds into an ongoing project with a periodic ROI.

I don't know if you are joking or not, hopefully so. The virtual "farm" and "eggs" is simply a representation of the owned share of the joint investment...you can't honestly believe you invest into "virtual property" and "virtual eggs"......LOL

Into farm uses the joint funds to invest into 1. agricultural development 2. product development and 3. venture investing. Then returns your portion of the join investment based on you share, which is portrayed by the virtual assets, to simplify asset management.

Perhaps they need to simply the explanation of the process even further...?

Castro Medici, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  4. wtd1

wtd1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like a pretty standard MLM/pyramid scheme.

Pretty good setup, you get everybody from the $2 window all the way up as far as they want to go, rather than just the single price pitch - plus such small amounts nobody's gonna be heading for Amsterdam to get their money back when they get the news.

Bon chance with your affiliate program, hope you do well.

wtd1, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  5. browntwn

Best Answers:
    You are just the sucker they are looking for.

browntwn, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  6. Castro Medici

Castro Medici Banned

Best Answers:
    I guess a serious thread turned into a "Lets raise our post count to feel more significant."

DP at its finest.

Haha. Good day.

Castro Medici, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  7. browntwn

Best Answers:
    I obviously do not need to raise my post count. On the other hand, you seem to have been fully duped into thinking that you own a "share of the joint investment". Their own site does not say that. You own nothing of the sort.

I post on these types of threads to help others out who may have questions on the legitimacy of sites like this. Common sense tells most people to stay away from things like this, but a lot of people who are in tough times or looking for easy money fall prey to these types of scams. That is all this is.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
    browntwn, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  8. wtd1

wtd1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Castro Medici - what happened, did your foot get sore from kicking your dog, so you log on here to argue?
    If your trying to get affiliate sign-up's for that hocus-pocus 'investment' site you're not gonna get 'em by arguing with people .. geeeez

wtd1, Jun 19, 2012 IP