1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Online Reputation Management

Discussion in 'General Business' started by brandonabell, Jun 26, 2012.

Hi Friends,
    Can anybody help me about online reputation management.? I am working many times on a project to remove bad reviews but unfortunately I don't get much more success. Please tell me some techniques for this....

brandonabell, Jun 26, 2012 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Why remove? Why don't you address the problems? Turn a negative into a positive?

ryan_uk, Jun 26, 2012 IP
  3. aaronroofing

aaronroofing Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's an idea - Address the problems head on.
    Look to see what the person said about the company and use that to turn it into a positive like ryan said.

Write a real time general positive review

aaronroofing, Jun 26, 2012 IP
  4. mattsmith

mattsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Reputation management is very crucial for building a brand name. If you are receiving negative reviews then you need to address and try to resolve them by making sure the same thing will not happen again. Later on, you can ask the reviewing person to have a look at that issue and if satisfied with your improvements ask him to post a positive review about the same thing. This way you can build up a good brand name and also you can remove factors which are not so user friendly.

mattsmith, Jun 26, 2012 IP
  5. coopersPick

coopersPick Active Member

Best Answers:
    My advice because its a niche market that knows how to properly contain that stuff is to use somebody who specializes in that like profiledefenders.com

coopersPick, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  6. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A lot of people are looking at suchs services because they want to remove the negative reviews instead of fixing them. Now I understand why government is so strict to bad press articles or leaked information. You can't expect the goverment to play fairly when 90% if its people believe it is natural to play bad if you can.

thedark, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  7. scotwilson

scotwilson Peon

Best Answers:
    nice question buddy.............

scotwilson, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  8. brandonabell

brandonabell Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Buddy,
    As I am talking about some seo technique and if we post a positive review under a negative review then obviously it will get more higher in SERP's (Search engine result pages). And user visiting that link will always see your negative reviews first and then positive. This is not well.

Please Tell me some tactics to push down these negative reviews in SERP's.

brandonabell, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  9. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You're not making any sense.

Rectify the problems, communicate with the person making the negative review. These results will always be there, regardless of position (and for different keywords). That's managing reputation. Sounds more like you just want to spam search results.

ryan_uk, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  10. surfinking21

surfinking21 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First of all negative reviews happen, it can't be helped and some people won't be happy no matter what you do to rectify the problem(that's life, can't please everyone).

Second of all a negative review will sometimes get more traffic than your actual site and take a lot of business from you so it could potentially become a serious problem if you rely on the income of your online business.

From my experience I have seen clients and friends create a wider online presence to help push the negative reviews down. Utilize social media!!! Facebook, twitter, myspace, pinterest is a new one that is getting a lot of relevancy placed on it by Google and not many people are using it.

Create a blog on blogger with the heading of your company followed by bad review companyreview(dot)blogger(dot)com, blogger blogs have been showing up all over the place in search results lately without any content IN FIRST PAGE RESULTS.

So just to reiterate you should create a wide online presence to help push the bad reviews down.

Good Luck :)
    Brian
    -LinkFool

surfinking21, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  11. Sherin007

Sherin007 Member

Best Answers:
    Pushing the negative review down is not going to work, nor is it the effective way to build your reputation. You want to neutralize that negative remark by rebutting with a solution. If you want to build a reputable brand, thus is not the way to go. That negative remark will always be there unless the customer chooses to delete it. So pushing it down won't help. Address is.

Sherin007, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  12. coopersPick

Best Answers:
    Have you found a firm to help you or do you dare to try to repair the image on your own?

coopersPick, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  13. Taiwan

Taiwan Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a client upset about a bad review, but he didn't have many reviews. I told him to wait and try to add reviews in a natural manner. Anyway, he ranked 1st page on Google places before, then he had the review dropped and his ranking dropped too. Old, bad ranking can actually help you. It's messed up but true. He is on page 5 now. I don't see how to recuperate from that either. Best idea is to get more legit reviews and push the old one down, or react to it with grace. Don 't get it removed.

Taiwan, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  14. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Online reputation Management? Something like monitoring reviews of a company? I've never heard of an auto system of it though.

traxport121, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  15. imgeek2727

imgeek2727 Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to find out why you've been given negative feedback and then reflect and improve upon it! Don't let a couple of small things wreck your rep, build up to get better.

imgeek2727, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  16. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    I write about reputation management on my blog and even offer a free ebook on how to do RM:

Reputation Management for Clients
    Posted by Greg | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on 13-04-2012-05-2008

I know a lot of you are SEO guys and this could be something to add to your arsenal… I wrote an ebook on Reputation Management as part of a project I was doing and thought that I’d share it with you. It is not the end all of Reputation Management methods but I know it works because I tested it (I Test Everything!) and you can take the eBook and use it to make a sales presentation.

As to pricing for Reputation Management I couldn’t give you anything definitive but if you did everything in the eBook for a client you could easily charge between $1,200.00 and $1,500.00 + the cost of the content and a maintenance fee of around $200.00 – $250.00 monthly.

Here’s the first paragraph or so:

Online reputation management is an very hot up and coming aspect of the internet
    services industry that if done properly can end up making you look like a genius to your
    clients.

Why is online reputation management important?

With the world turning more and more to the internet for information one needs to have
    a complete variety of information from various sources so as to lay out...

If you want to read the rest just click here - http://linkpushing.net/blog/reputation-management-for-clients/364/

Romanorc, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  17. albert001

albert001 Banned

Best Answers:
    Web Reputation Management has helped hundreds of individuals, businesses, and organizations damaged by smear campaigns, negative search results, and general bad publicity on the Internet. The challenge in reputation management is large. Because the intent is not only to remove negative content, but to replace it with positive content and ensure that personal/brand damage is limited. In addition to this, proactive measures must be put in place to defend against future reputation attacks.

albert001, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  18. coopersPick

Best Answers:
    It works both ways. If a firm is evil and continues to act in unscrupulous ways and they dont pay for a maintenance plan than a lot of the hard work will be undone. I can give you a breakdown of the top 10 ORM firms in the world.

coopersPick, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  19. merlinraj

merlinraj Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

Online reputation managements hopefully helpfull for all.Positive online reputation before you need it or start building positive online properties to outrank negative news and reviews.For eg:Your first goal for creating a positive online image is having a website. Chances are, you already have one for your business like yourbusiness.com. Be sure to also protect your personal brand by having one for your own name, i.e. firstnamelastname.com. Websites with an exact business or person’s name in the domain generally rank first when someone searches for the name. If you have a website you control at #1 in search results, it will get the most amount of clicks and prevent most people from continuing to look through the rest of the search results.See this below link

merlinraj, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  20. anna30

anna30 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is only way to search reviews site and write positive comments below the negative comments.

anna30, Jul 20, 2012 IP