1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a local computer consulting business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by amedno1, Aug 6, 2012.

Hello,

Im starting a local computer consulting business and wanted some advice from others that have more experience.

Im busy putting together a website which I will use to market my services, I have read multiple times over that I have to

advertise benefits and not features, so for the site template that I bought there are 3 spaces for 3 main key points that I can use to sell

my services, I've come up with two and need help with the third benefit:

1. Peace of mind <-- we take care of all IT problems
    2. Grow your business <-- IT in general if applied right can help any business grow
    3. ???? <--- need help I cant figure out what to put as a third benefit.

amedno1, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  2. Yorker

Yorker Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of computer consulting?

I say go even deeper and show them how you will give them peace of mind, and grow their business.

If you are taking too long to think of a 3'rd one, maybe consider dropping it. Two great benefits could be all you need.

Yorker, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  3. amedno1

amedno1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I came up with a third one...was hoping for suggestions from the community here but oh well, thanks for the response though, this is what I came up with:

Get ahead of your competitors. And as you mentioned I do go a little deeper into each one by giving a brief explanation on the title and that links to a page through a find out more button. I have yet to finish the pages.

amedno1, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  4. mizugaki_showa

mizugaki_showa Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it like technical support? A computer repair business??

Well your on the right track and I guess you should fill number 3 with "scale up"

mizugaki_showa, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  5. Jo D

Jo D Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I just spotted your query via Google. Well done for getting set up. My one word of advice (from helping others set up consultancy businesses) is think about how your customers describe what they need solved. If you're dealing with hardware/software challenges, what is the pain or worry that they have and talk to this. Business growth is ok, but a little fuzzy and though it's something on their mind, there maybe more pressing, immediate problems that when they see your website they will say "that's me, that's just how I'm feeling at the moment". Visit a couple of companies that you would see as your perfect clients and ask them what keeps them awake at night. You want to be selling something they really want - that way you get lots of business!

Jo D, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  6. mizugaki_showa

mizugaki_showa Peon

Best Answers:
    Jo D, are you into this business.. it sounds you are presently managing one?

mizugaki_showa, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  7. Jo D

Jo D Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there. Yes I do some online business as well as the more traditional individual/group stuff. I've seen a couple of good blogs on here that attracted me to the site.

Jo D, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  8. amedno1

amedno1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I live in an African country where IT is still in it's infancy, so I will be doing network support and making sure the systems at the client sites are running smoothly mainly because IT personnel are a bit expensive for most small businesses to hire so most businesses outsource so I will be offering it as a service.

The other solutions are getting clients online, websites, hosting and email setup etc. This is still a new space here so its has good potential.

The other part is recommending good software for the right scenarios. Most businesses are still running on paper based systems and if they have a few computers they aren't being utilized to the extent that they could be. I just have to look up what software would work for a certain client and recommend it and maybe even do ongoing maintenance.

amedno1, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  9. amedno1

amedno1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jo D thanks for the advice I need as much as I can get whilst starting out, I think I will keep that in mind when writing up my sales letter and I am definitely changing what I have on the website.

It makes a lot of sense after reading your post I actually feel like what I currently have written down is shooting close to the target but after asking myself "If I am a business owner what would I be thinking about when it comes to PCs and technology?" I think I should be hitting home with the revised version, so thank you for your input. :D

amedno1, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  10. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can highlight the third point by mentioning something about the discounts / price you would be able to offer them. Like for instance, that you would be able to provide cheaper services than rest of the providers.

traxport121, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  11. christinawilson

christinawilson Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for writing, I very much liked your newest post. Thanking for this Info..

christinawilson, Aug 9, 2012 IP