1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Landline to andriod

Discussion in 'General Business' started by xbat, Aug 4, 2012.

i have a landline but want to tie it into my android. I have a landline that I use at my desk, I would like it if I could somehow send the call to my android phone. I dont have to worry about extsetions or anything like that. I can't change my service provider. I didn't know if there was some type of converter where I could just use a plug sipiliter or if it would be better to build some sort of phone server and run it into the computer some how.. I'm not sure any suggestions would greatly be appreicated. I think this was the right place to post this too.

xbat, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  2. ThePantherPride

ThePantherPride Peon

Best Answers:
    I have always wondered that...hopefully someone has an answer to this because I would love to do the same thing for my office.

ThePantherPride, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  3. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There's answering machines that do this. You could set it to 1 ring when you are away.

jestep, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  4. xbat

xbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So far the best option I found is a voip gateway box.. mm I can't remember the other name of what you call it.. but in other words you can plug in your phone line for the in and then send it through wifi.. You may need to hot wire a few things.. Im still looking I found a few different things so far, but nothing to solid

xbat, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Talk to local phone companies. I'm in NZ and most charge a fortune for forwarding to your mobile but one lets you "tether" a landline number to your mobile. We use it so that customers can make free local calls to us and we pay a flat fee for those calls to be received on the mobile. We keep the mobile number too so it is perfect. I'd be surprised if nobody in the US was offering the same thing.

sarahk, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  6. xbat

xbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks but no thanks. I'm shooting to push the calls through into the wifi network.. Right now there is a very very small one time budget or no budget at all besides research ha

xbat, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  7. Silk5asks

Silk5asks Peon

Best Answers:
    Communication Industry is very developed and there are many ways to transfer call of a landline to phone,,Option of converting ur landline to android is also available.

Silk5asks, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  8. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How about using a call forwarder from your local phone to your android smart phone?

traxport121, Aug 8, 2012 IP