1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Start-Up Difficulties

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ChrystyanC, Aug 20, 2012.

Hey everyone, I hope someone here can provide some sound advice. My brother, wife, and I decided to start-up a local Online Reputation Management company and have everything setup and such so far. I've never done anything like this before, and so when we got to the point of finding clients, I didn't realize how difficult it would be to do so. I've called at least 15 on our cold-call list, and no one has even agreed to a 5 minute in-person meeting.

What are some tips, or good reading material for improving our techniques, and how can we get potential clients to even talk to us?

ChrystyanC, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  2. Noticed

Noticed Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming you're targeting locally owned business since you're wanting to meet them in person. I would also look into expanding to online business not owned locally and just meet with them via Skype, email or phone. Also have you tried posting ads in the local paper and get them to try and call you? A lot of people would rather them contact you than for you to be bugging them. Hope this helps! :)

Noticed, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  3. ChrystyanC

ChrystyanC Peon

Best Answers:
    We do want to expand to online businesses, but we'd like to perfect our personality before we try to expand to other states. You've given me something to think about on that end, however, I just figured locally owned businesses would be more open to dealing with other local businesses.

We've got some business cards, and the ads in the paper idea is a great idea, I'll look into that. Unfortunately, we're on a very tight budget and none of us are great at managing that aspect =/.

I appreciate your input, I'll see if it helps!

4. Noticed

Noticed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alright, well I wish you the best of luck and PM me if you have any other questions! :)

Noticed, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  5. Patcoola

Patcoola Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can't afford to advertise, there are free classified ads online,
    Otherwise your best bet is public relations, just talk to people, go to social parties, that sort of thing.

Patcoola, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  6. ChrystyanC

ChrystyanC Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, will do :).

We were discussing going to local churches, organizations, and events as well as simply going to the businesses themselves to make a presence for ourselves. If we're reputable in the community, we stand a chance of having more success right?

Seems cold calling was just a bad idea. lol

7. joes new stuff

joes new stuff Peon

Best Answers:
    OK question. Have you personally gone to your local businesses and SOLD them on your PLAN? Why do they need you? What problem can you solve for them? Pick your favorite business and GIVE them your service in return you get referrals. I'm sure the bottom line is making a profit. After all that is what is all about;)

joes new stuff, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  8. ChrystyanC

ChrystyanC Peon

Best Answers:
    My intention was to call the potential clients and see about setting up a 5-10 minute meeting. Rather than trying to pitch the product over the phone, I was just trying to setup appointments and that flopped. lol. But, we're gonna be walking around to the different businesses and engaging them face to face, as well as their customers

9. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You need to try harder.

Hire a marketer to make the cold call.

Give them discount , flexible installment plan etc to attract customer.

mentos, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  10. ChrystyanC

ChrystyanC Peon

Best Answers:
    We wanted to do that, hire sales reps to contact potential clients, pay like 40% of commission, etc.