1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ordering Food from Internet

Discussion in 'General Business' started by txf, Aug 25, 2012.

Dear Webmasters,

We are a team from Turkey and we want to make a project that you can order food from internet like justeat.com
    I want to learn countries that we can do this project and get success. We think that we can do it United Arap Emirates but they already done foodonclick.com

Can you please give me some ideas.

We can make an investment about 50.000$

Thanking you in anticipation

txf, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  2. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice idea and proposal,
    wanna know about your payment processing and security.

lolpasslol, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  3. txf

txf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We have in Internet since 10 years and security wont be so hard for us ;)
    We dont need payment processing ordering food from restaurants they pay in front of door and we get commissions but i need to know countries that order food from internet.

txf, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  4. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can try the United States. I see a big market for this. However the fact that you are not in the US, will make this project impossible to succeed. I would suggest that you try in the country that you are located in.

ablaye, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  5. AlejandroSanchez

AlejandroSanchez Peon

Best Answers:
    Try the UK, don't charge the resturaunts anything for the first 3 months so you can build a big menu

AlejandroSanchez, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  6. kinnethharring

kinnethharring Peon

Best Answers:
    If you think to run this kind of business of course your target market is just your neighboring places alone because you can not send any food orders on the other countries right?

kinnethharring, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  7. txf

txf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have any other ideas in your country please share me or give me offers i want to make also import and export.

txf, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  8. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't start as big as you are thinking about. US or UK would be the best areas to start and then maybe work to other countries when things take off.

Dean_Saliba, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  9. techlead

techlead Active Member

Best Answers:
    India is also having similar websites

techlead, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  10. txf

txf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think US or UK because they already made websites like that. I am searching not so developed countries.

txf, Sep 8, 2012 IP
  11. :-)

:-) Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah here in Manchester there is a few of these kinds of sites such as myhungrybelly and justeat (just eat being the major one) there is like hungryhouse and other types of sites there is many in the UK and im sure in the US too.

Have you tried looking in countrys in europe such as spain, italy, france, germany etc.. Also look at small countrys, my friend used too own the domain which would have been great for this service but he let it expire but i told him he should use it as a service for ordering food for ordering food online but he didnt want to create the business around it, i dont think you would need $50k to invest maybe $500-1,000 to get things done affordably e.g logo design/branding and then just a nice website with a good CMS for ordering and then you just have to get a way of passing that info to the take away who is selling the food.

Good luck with everything

:-), Sep 9, 2012 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't bother in New Zealand and Australia. Restaurateurs will want to be able to meet your sales rep and be sure you have tools in place to prevent hoax orders (usually done to annoy the recipient of the unwanted meal). Communities are more spread out and people tend to have a relationship with their local outlets.

Personally I'd start on a city in a country and work from there. Go too big too quickly and you'll taint your repuation before you've had a chance to iron out the issues raised

sarahk, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  13. vibrantinfo074

vibrantinfo074 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, I have think that you are not clear enough because as I see here everyone is provided good and perfect suggestion which suits to every beginners company but I think you want to try something big at starting and it's appreciable. But in starting making this kind of big investment with high risk. I don't think it is good because there are many companies available who are also doing the same and they are last 5-10years old in this business.

vibrantinfo074, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  14. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    I think the website would be directory which would list all the resturant in that area.....

also make catetgoris for veg and non-veg..

MikeQ, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  15. indiaholidaydiary

indiaholidaydiary Member

Best Answers:
    You need to focus on one geography at one time..make proper research about restaurants and if they are delivering or not then go ahead with your idea and make sure you keep your margins in mind while dealing!!

indiaholidaydiary, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  16. universalyoga

universalyoga Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That is great idea friend online food ordering is great.

universalyoga, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  17. SEOAdvisor

SEOAdvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    i have already seen online food ordering it's very growing up field And is rapidly expanding in youth.

SEOAdvisor, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  18. amcg

amcg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Uk has JustEat and HungryHouse.

However, JustEat is in multiple countries do they would probably be your main competition.

I wouldn't do it in the UK unless you had a very large budget (£1 mill+) to set up TV Adverts like the rest do to keep up with them.

amcg, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  19. johnalba544

johnalba544 Peon

Best Answers:
    Am also searching for this question.. can any one suggest me where do i get this kind of services... Eagerly waiting to order...:)

johnalba544, Sep 13, 2012 IP