1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does anybody run a membership site or browser based game?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mikey1090, Sep 6, 2012.

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone owns/runs a membership site of some sort? I'm developing a browser based game where people register and play each day. I've developed a premium membership feature in the game, where i'll give the players certain benefits from paying $10/month.

Just wondering what sort of opt-in/subscription conversion to expect. Would be great if around 10% of players were paying for the premium membership.

Mike

mikey1090, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  2. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you considered making it more free to play, and converting these bonuses towards a more micropayment method? It seems to be working well for companies like Zynga and people with Facebook games. Even consider some form of SMS payment or CPA offer for the timed benefits aswell as purchasing it outright.

Grit., Sep 7, 2012 IP
  3. SHAMIMUL143

SHAMIMUL143 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. I want to make that type of game. Help me.

SHAMIMUL143, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  4. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Probably didn't explain myself very well at first. The game is FREE to play, but to help me make a profit and help benefit the players that want to, I've added a premium membership. Basically a little extra benefits for $9.99/month. Just wondered what sort of opt-in rate to expect.

EG If I have 1000 players, how many should I hope/expect to convert to paying players. 5%? 10%?

mikey1090, Sep 18, 2012 IP
  5. prawyyy

prawyyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    From my experience is that approximately 1-2% of users buy premium account. I work with Eastern European online games service and confirmed the results. For premium accounts on social networking sites the situation is similar. The 1-2%, however, refers to people constantly buying premium subscription. Here does not include those who buy it from time to time.

prawyyy, Feb 19, 2013 IP
    mikey1090 likes this.