1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The 4 Hour Work Week

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MobileInternet, Oct 17, 2012.

I've just finished reading the 4 Hour Work Week, by Tim Ferriss (Brilliant Book)...

But is it really possible to fit a 40 hour working week into 4 hours by outsourcing?

And, any of you guys have online businesses on auto-pilot?

MobileInternet, Oct 17, 2012 IP
  2. Drovo

Drovo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is really possible.
    I don't know about 4 hours though, but if you have a very good plan and your outsourcers don't suck at doing your work,
    it's quite possible. I usually invest some money to test them out and then I choose and teach them what I need to be done. They do make mistakes once in while so you have to be prepared to fix those things. Also, I don't give everything to outsource because there are things I know I could do better and I enjoy doing, so I outsource only work I honestly don't like doing or it takes too much of my time ( quality article writing for example ). And in the mean time I usually spend time researching new methods and possibilities so my 4 hour a week work schedule is out of the question lol. But otherwise it's all good to go. The more you outsource the more time it takes to prepare things for your workers but later on it's all good. I hope that helps.

Drovo, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Outsource is saving alot of time if only your supplier is good enough, else you may spend more time to fix the problem than you do it yourself.

lifeplayer, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  4. DavidLondon

DavidLondon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I've just read The 4 Hour Work Week

I really enjoyed it and style makes it very easy to read. There are several useful take-aways like the importance of setting abjectives and the need to automate and outsource.

I've just written my review of the book, and I call article The Myth of The 4 Hour Work Week because I don't think you can be successful in just 4 hours a week:

http://newinternetmarketingacademy.com/internet-marketing/the-myth-of-the-4-hour-work-week

Regards,
    David

DavidLondon, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  5. om3

om3 Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on whom you select and how reliable is your service provider.

om3, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  6. DavidLondon

DavidLondon Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, the reall challenge is finding reliable oustsourcers.

David

DavidLondon, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  7. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What a question.. first of all, yes it's possible but it will take a lot of time in advance to gather up good companies that do the work for you. Second of all, getting rich isn't going to happen if you do nothing. If I'd be outsourcing everything, I'd be checking it all out myself too once the task has been finished, just in case of.

Aquarezz, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  8. ChickenMan

ChickenMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ohh Boyyy that sounds like a plan where do I sign up? :)

ChickenMan, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  9. ChickenMan

ChickenMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure this method is possible you just have to find the right help (outsource) to get this done! Try eLance, Odesk etc.

Gotta read that book btw.

ChickenMan, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  10. vevus vici

vevus vici Active Member

Best Answers:
    it is definitely easy to do if you are organized. But you have to be organized and be able to delegate the task wisely.

vevus vici, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  11. Nicole Wiley

Nicole Wiley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes the 4-hour work week is very possible but it will take much time and effort to actually live out the "4-hour work week" simply because you must have your systems set in place and have a successful plan that can be repeated. Only then will you even know what to tell your outsourcers to do, you can never start from point 1 with outsourcing because if something messes up in your plan of action, then it will be very hard to fix because it can cost you money.

Nicole Wiley, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  12. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    Tim wasn't working only 40h/week he was working +80h/week before he crashed. :D
    You need data from where you will see what is working and what is not.

I read the book too. I too had that tingling sensation in stomach
    you are having now. You have to realize that 4 hour work week is just a marketing
    what that book is really about is about PRODUCTIVITY and GETTING RESULT.
    Tim is working insanely hard. I personally don't believe in 4 hour work week.
    If you don't want to work buy yourself a stock and you will have 0 work week. :D

content4cool, Oct 26, 2012 IP