1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i need ur suggestion to start a ad network

Discussion in 'General Business' started by dybangladesh, Oct 24, 2012.

Hi,
    i am interested to start a ad network, like - adsense, adbrite, any body can suggest me which script is good for that? i find only adquick by phplemon. or give me ur suggestion about adquick.

dybangladesh, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Lol... you want to start an AdSense competitor, but aren't sure what "script" to use? lol

Email Google and ask them what script they use.

digitalpoint, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  3. new2dp

new2dp Member

Best Answers:
    Do some research 1st. get in touch with people who run such network, understand business and cash flow requirement. try joining an network as an employe, once you have a better prospective of overall business, start small than Scale up!!!!

new2dp, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  4. dybangladesh

dybangladesh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your suggestion.

dybangladesh, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  5. dybangladesh

dybangladesh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    any body use orbitopenadserver ?

dybangladesh, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  6. dddougal

dddougal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to custom write your scripts for that sort of ad network but it really isn't too difficult to be fair.

dddougal, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd be sorting out financial backing and the legal issues long before I worried about the script... and how to market the thing. You'll have a real chicken and egg thing going on. You can't get advertisers if you don't have publishers, you can't get publishers if you don't have advertisers.

If you are so inexperienced in doing online business that you even need to ask this question then I'd suggest that it isn't the right business for you to be starting.

sarahk, Oct 26, 2012 IP
  8. shalwan

shalwan Banned

Best Answers:
    shalwan, Oct 26, 2012 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Are you trying to make him fail?

sarahk, Oct 27, 2012 IP
  10. shalwan

shalwan Banned

Best Answers:
    i am trying to succeed him getting the best script from script search engine. Think positive always.

shalwan, Oct 27, 2012 IP
  11. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Is that where Google got their script for AdWords/AdSense? Google's system is pretty nice, but maybe you could point me to the one on hotscripts.com that is better?

digitalpoint, Oct 27, 2012 IP
  12. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is serving contextually relevant ads. They must be using multi millions dollars worth of servers and software to crawl and show the ads in less than 1 second when someone visits a publisher site. @digitalpoint is implying @dybangladesh can not be a competitor of google ads and @digitalpoint is 100% correct on this.

But.. The OP, @dybangladesh, can provide a site targeted advertising service with much less investment in the technical background. Contextually relevant ad serving can be added to a site targeted advertising model later when the business can pay the required investments.

Being an ad network is a big business even if you could decrease the required technology investment at the begining. You should go with small steps to your big goal. You have to start with your own sites as it's not possible to have publishers at the begining. So, first of all, you must have many sites in many different niches with high quality traffic. Once you get advertisers and make them happy with the conversions then you will need to look for publishers for your ad network to fulfil the increasing demand of your advertisers. Most of the ad networks pay 50-70% to the publishers. You must give at least 70% as you will be a new comer to the market. Make sure 30% gross profit is enough to survive and grow in a competetive market. This is biggest problem in my opinion. 30% gross profit will not be enough to grow in the first few years if you consider the costs (fixed and variable costs).

In my opinion, this type of business requires about $10M capital to start. If you don't have 10 millions, it's better not to start doing something and keep it in your mind as a dream.

makeit easy, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  13. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with makeiteasy...
    Just my opinion but this type of business can be very hard.

tbtoyl, Oct 29, 2012 IP