1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Reseller Hosting still a good business ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Jakiller, Oct 24, 2012.

Hey guys,

I have some money to invest, and I was wondering if reseller hosting is a good thing to invest in ?

I think the market is too saturated nowadays, but would still love to hear your opinion !

Thanks in advance.

Jakiller, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  2. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean selling reseller hosting services, or buying reseller hosting and sell seperate hosting packages?

If it's the last one.. nah, it takes a lot of effort to sell small hosting packages. Think about what price you're worth for an hour of work and think about how little the RoI is from these packages. Plus you'll lose clients if something goes wrong and you don't have it all in your own hands. I'm owning a hosting company too (WiredStorm) and believe me clients do ask lots of things to make it easier for them. When being a reseller, it's not sure the company you're buying the hosting from will allow all those extras.

Hope it helps ;)

Aquarezz, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  3. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, there is way too much competition, which is driving down the price of hosting... i am paying just $4 per year now for hosting through a heart internet re-seller.

Only the big guys are making money with hosting now...

MobileInternet, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  4. Jakiller

Jakiller Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Thanks for your useful input, I was indeed referring to the second one, selling separate hosting plans from a reseller account.

So, for your hosting company, you use a reseller account, or use your own servers ? If its the first, then how come you dont recommend this niche, yet you own a business in the niche ?

Hope you can udnerstand my post ;).

Hmm, just what i figured.

I guess ill invest my money elsewhere then :p.

Jakiller, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  5. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    WiredStorm is using dedicated web hosting for some packages and we also have our own server in a datacenter for the more expensive package. Why I don't recommend it, is because of experience. Or you'll have to do it good and invest in a dedicated server to begin with (or at least a VPS) but go big and really try to meet the requirements from your clients, or don't do it. Selling only shared hosting is too limited to go big. Except if you're in the design business and try to sell small hosting packages to clients. Not lots of wasted hours on promtion, just a good extra.

Aquarezz

Aquarezz, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  6. Jakiller

Jakiller Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for your answer, I apreciate it.

I do actually do web design, but dont think my clients ever need hosting, as they all have hosting already most of the times.

Jakiller, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  7. Lanouvelle

Lanouvelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From what I have learnt providing support to customers can be a problem when reselling hosting as Aquarezz pointed out. At some point it is a business model I searched information about. But then again, if a virtual assistant can handle that and not cost you too much money then, I think you could look into it. However, based on what has also been mentioned in this thread it does not seem to be that easy.

Lanouvelle, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  8. vevus vici

vevus vici Active Member

Best Answers:
    posting is a business that would never be saturated. Selling hosting is a business that will be around for a long period of time.

vevus vici, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  9. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Make your hosting service worth changing. Then clients might come in, you can stay small, but use that little extra money to expand ;)

But it's up to you in the end, the peek of hosting companies is getting lower these days anyways :)

Aquarezz, Oct 28, 2012 IP
  10. parkppc

parkppc Active Member

Best Answers:
    selling reseller hosting services definitely a good online business, I believe competition in every business these days, to start reseller business least amount of knowledge required, it's really up to you. If you have the experience administrating a system, then i would say you can start.

parkppc, Oct 28, 2012 IP
  11. Mick2012

Mick2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say it's quite an over-saturated niche to go in. There's not much difference between them except the prices.

Mick2012, Oct 28, 2012 IP
  12. tradebizlink

tradebizlink Member

Best Answers:
    with some backend or as backend it could be, if not then congratulate to struggle.

tradebizlink, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  13. Vishvajeet

Vishvajeet Member

Best Answers:
    it is not a profitable business now days if you want to sell online bcoz there are a lot of people are selling these services for very cheap price but if you have local clients that can pay you good amount then it is good starting

Vishvajeet, Oct 29, 2012 IP