1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

LinkedIn - The often overlooked Social Media Power

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by mmg1865, Nov 5, 2012.

Hey folks,

I've been looking through the Social Media forums for a while now, and notice that its all completely dominated by Facebook, Twitter & Google+.

LinkedIn barely even gets a mention, yet it is such a massive untapped resource for Free Targetted traffic.

Do many of you use LinkedIn ?

(Mods - Could we get a LinkedIn subforum at all please?)

I've just written a post about it, would be great if you would take a look and decide if its for you.

Currently, LinkedIn generates more traffic to my website than Facebook, Twitter & Google+ combined...

It brings in 29% of my Social Media Traffic.

LinkedIntrafficgraph.jpg
    Would love to get your thoughts and opinions on it.

Steve

mmg1865, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  2. Media_Challenge

Media_Challenge Member

Best Answers:
    Linkedin is a very power and targeted platform that is definitely overlooked. It also brings me most of my social media traffic along with tons of leads!

Media_Challenge, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  3. mmg1865

mmg1865 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly.. its so targetted because of how its set up, it can't fail to benefit you.

mmg1865, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  4. gusher08

gusher08 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, LinkedIn is really a powerful source of free traffic generator. All you have to do is to do the right things and awesome results will come next.

gusher08, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  5. Helenaz

Helenaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree. LinkedIn is one of the largest growing social media sites for businesses and professionals. I second your request for a LinkedIn sub-forum!

Helenaz, Nov 5, 2012 IP
    mmg1865 likes this.
  6. mmg1865

mmg1865 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. Would be good to get other peoples ideas & techniques down in a subforum. Try and understand what really works well.

mmg1865, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  7. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can say it depend on your target market while Facebook and twitter is more toward youth generation or B2C and LinkedIn is more to B2B.
    If target B2B then LinkedIn will have more niche in it while they are most business people hang around looking for opportunities

JerrickYeoh, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  8. DougKasper

DougKasper Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is hardly anything that beats joining groups (big groups) and becoming an authority in there and posting fresh content....you can get BIG time good leads on a daily basis

DougKasper, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  9. BacklinkExpert

BacklinkExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    This looks cool. Thanks for the information

BacklinkExpert, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  10. Ahead

Ahead Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, OP, for the info. Indeed, LinkedIn is one of the best social media sites.

Ahead, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  11. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Member

Best Answers:
    I also suggest at Linkedin subforum. Perhaps it Linkedin is not so popular on technical sites because it is mostly used by business people?

HenrikHansen, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  12. KOka44

KOka44 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can easily see how LinkedIn can be used for direct B2B sales and leads generation, but is there anything for B2C market?
    And are you actually a member of any groups? Because all I saw was groups spammed by all the mebmers without real community/discussion.

KOka44, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  13. Tasu

Tasu Member

Best Answers:
    Linkedin is a very powerful and targeted platform that is definitely overlooked. It also brings me most of my social media traffic along with tons of leads.

Tasu, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  14. lowprod

lowprod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Finally, a topic about Linkedin. I thought I was the only one who was using it for bringing traffic. This site is a goldmine and everyone should take it into consideration!

lowprod, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  15. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest, I've never even thought about targeting traffic from LinkedIn. I do use it, but more of a networking platform than a social/traffic generating platform. But to think that LinkedIn is driving more traffic than Facebook/Twitter combined! That really is impressive.

scottlpool2003, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  16. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    People make big mistakes by considering that there are only two social networks (Facebook and Twitter). But there are many other that will generate traffic on the site (if this is your goal). LinkedIn is one of them. I really like it and I think this network can't beat popularity that Twitter and Facebook gets,but can be the first one we use in business purposes.

BusinessMaker, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  17. fubar78

fubar78 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Exactly what I was thinking! LinkedIn is B2B focused and is a great lead generator for B2B companies and great for recruiting. Because basically everyone is considered a consumer and, for instance, in the US there are only around 14 million businesses, the consumer-based social media platforms are going to get more attention. I run a B2B company and rely heavily on my LinkedIn profile/traffic.

fubar78, Mar 4, 2013 IP