1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think Facebook provides all the privacy you are looking for?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by prasanth5, Nov 8, 2012.

As a user of Facebook I always look for some sort of privacy but I get disappointed when much needed privacy is not offered by some social media sites. Do you think it is true? Do you think Facebook gives great protection against invasion of privacy? Not all members know how to use the 'protect your privacy' tabs.

prasanth5, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  2. emersonkelly

emersonkelly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook doesn't provide all the privacy we need, it doesn't provide security at all. This is my opinion!!

emersonkelly, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  3. karinakro

karinakro Peon

Best Answers:
    facebook and privacy? that's antonyms :)

karinakro, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  4. johnrone

johnrone Member

Best Answers:
    No, I don't think Facebook offers all privacy for users. There have been reports also about the security flaws on Facebook. The most obvious feature on Facebook that strips your privacy is the Maps feature that appears on your Timeline. Using that feature, it will be easy for others to track your location and the places where you have been since these will be displayed on the Map. Another thing that strips your privacy on Facebook is that when you are going to use an app, say for instance the Washington Post Social Reader, you have to allow the app to access your personal information in order for you to read an article or to use any apps. But, then again, Facebook, by definition, is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. So, you cannot expect to have a full privacy of your account and personal profile.

johnrone, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  5. digitalX

digitalX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I always use these social sites cautiously especially Facebook, and that's why I don't put all the info about me etc on it. Just the basics and things that I make up to fill the profile settings.

digitalX, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  6. gusher08

gusher08 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think they don't, however due to its popularity, a lot of people still use facebook even through their privacy is at stake

gusher08, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  7. BacklinkExpert

BacklinkExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I guess so?? my privacy is safe in hands of facebook

BacklinkExpert, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  8. Ahead

Ahead Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook provides some services to protect your privacy, but you can never be too sure. If you want full privacy, delete you fbk account. :D

Ahead, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  9. socialmediaspike

socialmediaspike Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes now a days Facebook provides all the privacy which we are looking for Thnks.

socialmediaspike, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  10. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook has taken every effort to make their site as safe, secure and private as possible. You can set the security and privacy levels yourself so this is all really up to you. If you are a truly private person, then do not join social media sites because you can't really be private in any of them. You still have to take the necessary precautions.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  11. theAdviserMe

theAdviserMe Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thew best way to get privacy is never joining Facebook and other social networks...period lol. When we start using and sharing a free platform it would be silly to expect that site to be giving us all the privacy we need.

theAdviserMe, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  12. prasanth5

prasanth5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well said Cecille, it is all about making a good use of the privacy settings.

prasanth5, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  13. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you on that one, you never know if your personal information is safe with them. If we want to be safe,is better to delete our account from facebook for peace of mind.

Gianni Palazzo, Nov 24, 2012 IP