1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banquet Hall is doing bad business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Internal09, Nov 17, 2012.

So 2 weeks ago I reserved a banquet hall for a specific date and the entire area will be for my party only. I even paid them in advance. Today I went to checkout and see what's happening. I go inside the hall and I see this giant partition dividing the hall into 2 parts. The manager told me on the same day as my party someone else is throwing a party as well. I was furious because I booked it first and paid in advance. I told them I will pay half the price and they refused and still won't give me my money back. The main problem isn't the money. Its that I gave out invitation cards to over 300 people and I can't change the day now. Can I take legal action against these guys? Because I invested a large sum of money for this day.

Internal09, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  2. dhamaniasad

dhamaniasad Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, most probably you can. You have to say they didn't give you what they had promised to give you, and that they rented one thing to multiple people and charged you for the whole thing. I'm no advocate, so I could be wrong.

dhamaniasad, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  3. Internal09

Internal09 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I appreciate your advice.

Internal09, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  4. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    first thing to do is read out all the agreement papers on this. without proof if what they offered and delivered you will loose in the court.

webcosmo, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  5. dhamaniasad

dhamaniasad Member

Best Answers:
    So you should probably have taken a photo of the hall divided on half.

dhamaniasad, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  6. 123mobile

123mobile Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure you would get more appropriate answers if you posted on Yahoo Answers.... Just saying.

123mobile, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  7. dhamaniasad

dhamaniasad Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answers? Nah! I've tried Yahoo answers a lot of times, and it wasn't helpful even in the least. He could ask the same thing in the legal section of this forum, would be better

dhamaniasad, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  8. iandille101

iandille101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have to take this into legal action considering the amount of money you have been investing on it. This is a solid example of fraud as they failed to give you what has been promised. I suggest to checkout the agreement papers you have signed with them so you can support your arguments before the court should you decide to sue them.

iandille101, Nov 21, 2012 IP