1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

There has to be a good legit way to make money online

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Kyliemeg, Dec 1, 2012.

I've been searching for a few months on the best way to make money online. The ecommerce sites do not interest me. I have tried writing articles (not my kinda thing), I have tried uploading, etc. I am horrible with designing anything..lol Just being honest!! I can type very fast. I'm interested in a full-time virtual assistant job online that pays good. It seems each site that I find is not a legit site and a scam. I've been a legal assistant most of my life. I'm a 43 year old female and really would like some help getting started in making an income for myself online.

I have several groups and forums online as hobbies and do not make any money from them as they are just hobbies. I do NOT want to turn these hobbies into making money. They are just that..hobbies.

So, what advice would you have for me? I sit in front of a computer most of the day and night. I have some medical issues going on that prevents me from working outside of the home right now. So, I really want some advice and/or ideas?

I thought, I would be interested in proofreading but most of the jobs that I have looked at are not worth .05 for proofreading something that is not english and basically rewriting it. It ends up taking an hour to proofread and correct an article and someone wants to pay you .05...I think, my time is worth more than .05 per hour. I was making a very good salarly as a paralegal/legal assistant and not interested in the jobs such as the one that I just gave an example of. It's basically not worth my time. I am looking to make an hourly or weekly pay.

I'm very serious about this and would appreciate your input and ideas. If you know of anything or have any suggestions, please either post here or send me a private message.

Things that I've already done:

1. Proofreading (not worth the pay)
    2. Looked at sites such as elance and no luck
    3. Joined virtual assistant forums and sites (too much competition here)
    4. Thought about starting an ecommerce site but I don't really have start-up cash
    5. Writing articles (I'm not very good at writing articles)
    6. Posting in forum--content creation (Just doesn't seem worth the pay for the time that it takes)
    7. Graphics (I'm horrible at graphics) (just being honest..lol)
    8. Vbulletin sites..I'm pretty good at managing vbulletin forums but most aren't paid jobs..I do volunteer at a few and own a few but nonprofit.

So, any suggestions to someone who is WANTING and WILLING to work...I sit at this computer all day and night, I may as well be making $$. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Kyliemeg, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  2. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    You could try selling your signature links in forums such as this one. It might not rake in the big bucks but it does add to your income overtime.

cool_78, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  3. Vishal Bohara

Vishal Bohara Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anybody want to put own WEB LINK in PR2 And PR1 Websites... So please send me personal PM..

Vishal Bohara, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  4. dannygenerate

dannygenerate Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Hey, how are you? Yes definitely stay away from e-commerce if you're just starting out unless you have a client that you are making a website for or you have your own products. The only way to make real income online is to help people. I make a full time income online. I don't know exactly what will be easier for you and I'm not trying to sell you on any idea but one of the ways I make money online is to make video reviews. This works like clock work to me and it's something I'm not sure why everyone isn't already doing. It only takes 30 or so minutes. If you pm me I'll tell you how it's done but the basic principal is to find products that are coming out soon and promote them before they even come out (affiliate marketing). I make at least 2 to 3 hundred dollars per product I promote each time and I promote as many as I can. It's easy, fast and fun. It's nothing to it really. On average I make a few thousand dollars a month, every single month doing this. It's not the bulk of my income. I consider it my security blanket because I can always count on it.

Now, the where the big money comes in is promoting high quality products. Remember the only way to make money online or offline for that matter is to either offer a service or product, helping people is the ONLY way. Both ways that I mention is going to include email marketing as a factor, but not as the complete business model. Just pm me for details.

I've been to 23 seminars in making money ranging from 30 bucks to 6,000 dollars and they all have the same principle but it's amazing what informational difference it is when you learn from a person who is actually making the money they are telling people about. Anyways, this month is my give back month, so I'll tell you how these things work and of course I'm not going to charge you anything. Just pm me and you can see what I'm talking about.

And don't worry on the video you'll never have to show your face also, before you even pm me you can ask your general questions... Anything you want.

Talk to you soon.

dannygenerate, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  5. seeker4u

seeker4u Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Kyliemeg, I know exactly what your going through. I was feeling the same way you are when I started online almost twenty years ago. This is what I know: You should continue doing what you like to do, what your passionate about but at the same time look for a business that is very popular online and that has a very good automatic sales system attached to it. This way the only thing you need to concentrate on is getting traffic (eyeballs) to your business. I recommend you buy traffic and send it to your High converting Sales system that the Popular online business offers. This is the fastest and safest way to make money online. Don't get involved with building capture pages, sales pages etc. Just plug into what's working now and buy traffic and learn how to bring more traffic to your slaes funnel.

seeker4u, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  6. dannygenerate

dannygenerate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, I agree with most of what you say as some of it is subjective. I started in this business 8 years ago but I'm very knowledgeable on the low end and high end of this field as I'm sure you are. Yes following you bliss... your passion is good for resonating with what you want in life which can lead you to finding the right business for you, as there are no coincidences. Promoting a popular business is a great thing for social proof, those who are looking to buy through your link will have more solidity to their purchase which can make them buy. But that's not always. Traffic is always great but focusing on getting targeted traffic is always the best (knowing your market, not as complicated as it sounds). Seeker is on point on most of everything he's saying as well as the high converting offer.

This simply means pick a offer that has a great sales page and the pricing is comparable to the value they are offering (the product or service of what you are promoting should be at least 3 times the value of the price). So if something costs 100 dollars the value of the product should be at least 300 dollars. Once you have an offer that's converting you want to make sure to put a capture page (email marketing) why? Because imagine those people who come to your page and are interested but they don't have the money right then or aren't interested in making the purchase at that moment: If you don't capture them they can leave your page and never return, forgetting about your product or can't find it again. Now imagine if you sent traffic to your page and you sent 1,000 people to your page. You know everyone will 700 people will not buy for whatever reason, if you've captured them you can then re-market to them or potentially lose them all because they were not prepared to buy at that moment.

7. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here are things that i know and some that i personally do and run myself..

1. Ad sense, it can be applied to site and video.
    2. SEO services
    3. Fiverr and clone sites and offering your services.
    4. Affiliate marketing
    5. Article writing
    6. Drop shipping
    7. Site flipping
    8. Buying and selling expired domains

And lots more..

Kanonig, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  8. dannygenerate

dannygenerate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Let me give you a little break down about what Kanonig is saying. First off all these are methods that do work but let's digest get to some mechanics.

1 adsense is when you run Google's ad on your page or video and you get a small portion if someone clicks on it depending on how much that advertiser pays for the click. The higher the advertiser pays for the click the higher your commission will be. It was that you'll get paid 68% of whatever the advertiser is paying Google to run the ad. So, why would someone click the ad. In general Google show's them ads based on what they search either on Google's search engine, youtube etc. So what they'll be clicking won't just be sporadic ads, they'll be relevant ads. This method takes time to implement on blogs depending on the algorithm of your keywords. People still have to find your article or blog to get clicks. It's not good to run paid traffic to these sites because you'll be playing what I call the arbitrage game where you spend x amount and then praying to get x amount to see profit... It might even be banned to to this and now. Also you can't click on your own adsense ads or you'll be banned.

2. Seo services is a good one. Learn a little more than the basics of seo, enough where you can talk openly about onpage and offpage seo, link building, anchor texts etc. and you'll do great. You can call up an seo company and become partners with them. Here's how it'll work. Go to a company and you'll tell them how they can rank high in Google and you'll sound great (but of course you don't know how to do it per se). But the company you're partners with does. The business says that sounds good. For example. You'll say it'll cost 500 dollars a month for 3 months to rank you in Google, they say ok. You then go back to the seo company which charges only 3 hundred dollars a month and connect the two. You'll be making a 200 dollar profit each month for four months. Which equals 800 dollars for doing nothing. Most companies will like to just pay you upfront. Easy does it. This is how I use SEO... Although I'm very knowledgeable on how it works and how to implement it.

3. Fiverr. I'd say just go check it out. I know some people who use fiverr as a basis for their whole income. You can sell services for 5 dollars or you can outsource and charge clients whatever you'd like (being reasonable of course.

4. Affiliate Marketing. This is gold. contact me for this.

5. Writing articles? No go for me, it doesn't provide a good enough income. I like to live nice and this won't make you financially free when it comes to time vs money.

6. Steer clear of drop shipping. It is a way but not effective enough. Trust me.

7. flippa.com is the king of this model, site flipping. But this is a sort of bi-product to learning the basics of affiliate marketing and website creation (wordpress). This can be good if you learn the basic principals.

8. Not sure about this one.

An awesome list Kanonig put togher for you. But I'll tell you this. Pick one or two of these and master it. Focus is the key.

Again thankx Kanonig

9. slackersecurity

slackersecurity Peon

Best Answers:
    Become a webcam model.

slackersecurity, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  10. iwhohave

iwhohave Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing is without question, the best most lucrative method I've tried. It's all about knowing how to successfully scale up your profitable campaigns.

iwhohave, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  11. PinoyEngine™

PinoyEngine™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then find a job offline.

PinoyEngine™, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  12. Kyliemeg

Kyliemeg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for everything that you posted here. It was very helpful.

Thanks to everyone else, also. Although, I don't think "webcam model" is my type of things...LOL Thanks anyways.

Kyliemeg, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  13. Austech

Austech Member

Best Answers:
    If I was female and good looking, thats exactly what I would do :) Make heaps for doing not much.

Austech, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  14. gregortarquin

gregortarquin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Money plays vital role in human life and also every people wants to earn money which can be possible in many ways and some of them are very popular as well as effective kind of way.There are many websites where people can earn money at online.

gregortarquin, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  15. sjpace

sjpace Peon

Best Answers:
    "Hi Kyliemeg, you make a good point about there has to be a legit way to make money online I've been searching myself. Now--If any of you are struggling with how to make money online, then I recommend you check out http://www.moneyonlinefastmoney.com I hope that helps some of you here at Digital Point!

sjpace, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  16. Tessa Holmes

Tessa Holmes Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing would be a good way to start. You can offer some of your services - writing articles/ PLR products. That could be something for you to start with.

Tessa Holmes, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  17. solot2r

solot2r Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you considered starting your own virtual assistant business? No matter what you do there is going to be competition, but you can use what you learn on the VA forums and sites to go on your own locally. You have the skills, and if you are a local virtual assistant you still work online...your clients just happen to be in the neighborhood.

solot2r, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  18. Sharpay

Sharpay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Read a case-study blog. They're all about affiliates promoting their products by showing you how they work as they walk you through exactly what you would do by following what they do. It's the closest you can get to a guaranteed income, because only high-quality products do this.

Go into the archives and read this genius backwards:
    http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk

Sharpay, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  19. eagle22

eagle22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I honestly believe being an Adsense Publisher would be a great idea for you. You said you have a lot of hobbies. What if you simply blogged about those hobies? You say you type fast so you can write 2-3 articles per day and post them on your blog. Then over the weekend you can do some simple backlinking.

Many people tend to over complicate things. If you just continue to add content to your blog visitors will eventually come!

eagle22, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  20. Akuta

Akuta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Anything that's going to make serious money won't be shared on a forum. The only things talked about here are the things that are saturated, naturally. You have to think outside the box. Applying technology to the typical non-tech industries is a big start... leverage cheap labor through CL/other sources to get things done that the masses of techies won't bother with.

Akuta, Dec 11, 2012 IP