1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If you use a friendbot for myspace advertising, be careful ..

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Nite, Nov 27, 2006.

1. PlainJain

PlainJain Peon

Best Answers:
    I know I lie about my age on Myspace... I don't want anybody to know I'm older dirt! haha

PlainJain, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  2. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't consider it shady at all. MySpace was, is, and will always be there for self promotion and NETWORKING. The people that complain do things that aren't accepted then get upset when busted. There are thousands and thousands of sites advertised there that never have a problem and never will.

30k Challenge, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  3. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    myspace was most certainly not made for having automated bots make friend requests to try to make a few bucks. it's a social networking platform, not a free-for-all advertising setup.

yes, they do allow some promotion. bands and companies have legitimate pages. but there are acceptable and unacceptable ways of going about all that. the bands and companies that never get any heat don't make ANY friends requests; they simply plug their myspace on their site and people decide to friend them.

that's much less annoying to the end user than recieving automated messages from thousands of bots, even if people claim it's "targetted."

disgust, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  4. Nite

Nite Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is the myspace option to enable blocking emails from bands enabled by default? ... for new signups?

This right here will tell you if they're for/against spamming.

Nite, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  5. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    All he did was post a bulletin. I don't think I've seen a bulletin in the history of myspace that wasn't advertising something or sending a chain letter. He didn't go message 50,000 people or anything.

30k Challenge, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  6. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    if you haven't seen a bulletin that wasn't advertising, you don't use myspace like most users do.

he said in the first post that he sent this message "to a lot of people." guessing he didn't mean a dozen.

disgust, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  7. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very true... this seems to be the responses of "marketing experts" who never use MySpace for anything other than spam. ;)

clenard, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  8. jayjayne

jayjayne Peon

Best Answers:
    i really don't htink that woman got the point!

Hey the kid is ELEVEN YEARS OLD! and on myspace.. what the heck is she thinking to not set his profile properly...We all know that myspac eis full of users some you can trust and some.. well unfortunately you just don't know.:confused:

Jay.

jayjayne, Oct 8, 2007 IP