1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What could I sell on my site?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by AndyLaw, Dec 29, 2012.

Hi,
    I have a free hosting business with over 2k unique visitors per day to the control panel, which means all of them are interested in web hosting. What could I sell on my control panel? I was thinking of some hosting company affiliate, but still wondering for some other ideas?

AndyLaw, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  2. ruworth

ruworth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why dont you write an ebook on web hosting and sell that in your control panel?

ruworth, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  3. dhamaniasad

dhamaniasad Member

Best Answers:
    Well, as what you seem to be offering is essentially free hosting, I don't really think any of your visitors would be willing to pay for some ebook or such, since they're already doing a lot of saving work on web hosting.
    If they can't pay for web hosting, they won't pay for something you're trying to sell.
    There's one thing you can do.
    Offer a paid hosting plan alongside your free hosting plan. That's the only thing you can do to make profits from there.
    And selling an ebook on web hosting would be a bad idea. There are hundreds of forums for webmasters, which are available 'free', so why would anyone want to buy a static ebook?

dhamaniasad, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  4. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    How about doing what some companies already do and setting up your own hosting company? Then simply up selling your service by allowing them to get their sites transferred?

Original Hosting, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  5. dhamaniasad

dhamaniasad Member

Best Answers:
    The OP already has a web hosting company!
    "I have a free hosting business"

dhamaniasad, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  6. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    But he is saying that the hosting is free, so therefore I would assume it is ad supported or there are some sort of limits. That's why I was suggesting a premium service, sorry if I misunderstood.

Original Hosting, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  7. lordgreen

lordgreen Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can sell them affiliate ebook on domaining or sell web hosting domains. Cheers

lordgreen, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Try reselling hostgator. They are good, reliable and will respect you as a client.

qwikad.com, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  9. gofirst

gofirst Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a great idea I think. eBook is a good products to earn a good amount from online I believe. But need to be unique and original topic:)

gofirst, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  10. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sell a ebook, advertisement space, private consulting, affiliate products, re-selling hosting, software.

James Byun, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  11. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with this guy, why would people want to buy an eBook about hosting? It would be hard to include anything of any true value.

The best thing to do would be to offer basic services for free users and then a premium package which can include more web space, MySQL, More FTP accounts... etc.. for paid members.

MobileInternet, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  12. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What about premium offers for Webhosting? just a guess but would fit the topic

Sensei.Design, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  13. onlinefreelancer

onlinefreelancer Member

Best Answers:
    I should suggest that you pick a couple of good affiliate programs since you have already a good traffic to your site. If the affiliate programs work well then you might consider setting up reselling program involving a very reputed hosting service provider. Thank you and wish you all a very happy New Year!:)

onlinefreelancer, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  14. lordgreen

lordgreen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agreed with mobile money and sensei Design their advices are sensible. If your costs are not to high comensurate wth good services, you will definitly make waves. I for one tumb up for them.
    Cheers.

Cheers.

lordgreen, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  15. wwhuang

wwhuang Peon

Best Answers:
    You can think about what people need after they have web hosting. Assuming they have websites up and running, they probably want to make some money right? Promoting your affiliate program is a good way, and more ideas may surround materials teaching them how to get traffic to their site.

wwhuang, Dec 31, 2012 IP