1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to populate a new classifieds website ? getting the first 1000 ads ???

Discussion in 'General Business' started by semi.makala, Jan 14, 2013.

So I've built a very good classifieds website , looking extremely professional , but the thing is , that classifieds will be for a WHOLE continent , not just a small local one . It will not be an American classifieds because of all the giants here . I did my research and it will work if I get it out there .. But my question is .. How do I get the first classifieds ads ? Is it legal to go to other classifieds website and get some of their ads and put them in MINE ?? Wouldn't that get me in trouble ? Is it a legal thing to do ? For example , getting some of GUMTREE ads and place them in my site ? In some ways , it would be helpful to those other classifieds sites .. I need suggestions on this , I'd really appreciate them . Thanks a bunch !

semi.makala, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  2. Cassife

Cassife Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only is posting them yourself using tools, outsourcing it ($$$) or mass posting to promote it.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one in TV but theoretically using others' ads can get you in hot waters as it can be considered "copyright theft" but in practice I never see anyone pursuing it. Only you can say if you want to risk it.

Cassife, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  3. semi.makala

semi.makala Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking of actually contacing users of other classifieds websites and letting them know that they can post on my site for FREE and that I would make their ads featured as a BONUS for being my first users and keep going from there .. what do you think ???

semi.makala, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  4. semi.makala

semi.makala Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking of actually contacing users of other classifieds websites and letting them know that they can post on my site for FREE and that I would make their ads featured as a BONUS for being my first users and keep going from there .. what do you think ???

5. Cassife

Cassife Active Member

Best Answers:
    A great idea. Users want to maximize their ads' exposure and if they are posting in your site of their own volition you are legally safe.

Cassife, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  6. semi.makala

semi.makala Member

Best Answers:
    Hello cassife , I think that is the best method to go .. Actually inviting people from big classifieds websites , replying to the ads letting them know that they can post on my website for FREE and that I will make their ads featured as a bonus ... Hopefully that will not be considered as SPAM right ? because it's actually for free .. they'll have opportunity to maximise their ads exposure ... that wouldn't get me into trouble hopefully lolol

7. AlwaysSucceed

AlwaysSucceed Member

Best Answers:
    Won't work it will be considered spam by most mailing services after a few emails have been sent and if he uses Craigslist to do it or Kijii it will not go through.

AlwaysSucceed, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  8. Linksbuilder

Linksbuilder Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do promotion of your website on forums, facebook , twitter and also add signature to your post. I am also having new classified website and working to get people who need to sell second hand items like mobile phones, cameras and hoping to get people on it.Also check your competitors links on alexa.com, this can also help you in placing links.

Linksbuilder, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  9. ThePakistaniBlogger

ThePakistaniBlogger Member

Best Answers:
    You need just to promote your website only if you want to really excel in Search Engine... and I also think you aren't create classified website for you, so no need to populate yourself ;)

ThePakistaniBlogger, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  10. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried copulating in order to start populating?

giorgioarmani, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  11. Brain Copy

Brain Copy Member

Best Answers:
    Write a few press-releases and send them out.
    If money isn't an object, then try promoting your
    classified website via radio advertisements or start an
    affiliate program.

Best Regards,
    Brain Copy

Brain Copy, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  12. freeadstime

freeadstime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Promote the site and if it a really good site, even first visitors would post some ads. You will eventually get so many ads that you should have a team to remove the spam ads.

freeadstime, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  13. SEO_WatchDog

SEO_WatchDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SMS marketing worked perfectly fine for me. Had the same situation for a new Classifieds website a year ago. If you need such services - let me know.

SEO_WatchDog, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  14. aveshtyagi

aveshtyagi Peon

Best Answers:
    SMO is Perfect for populate a new classifieds website.

aveshtyagi, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  15. drelaw2002

drelaw2002 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would write a boat load of articles and press releases with major city themes since you're doing a world wide site.

drelaw2002, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  16. santhoshreddi

santhoshreddi Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is your website name

santhoshreddi, Nov 21, 2013 IP