1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Is Settlement

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bco123, Jan 30, 2013.

Some one tell me actually what does settlement mean. specially annuity settlement. I would be very thankful.

Settlement

bco123, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    A settlement is usually an agreement between two or more parties to settle or come to agreement on how to end their dispute. Civil cases filed in court usually end up in a settlement which sometimes involves the payment of money from one party to another.

An annuity settlement is usually where one party agrees to fund an annuity as part of the settlement. For example, if I was in a bad car accident and needed medical assistance for the rest of my life, I might agree to an annuity settlement that paid me $100,000 every year for the rest of my life. The insurance company or whoever is on the other end funds that annuity by buying the annuity with a lump some of money.

Nowadays there are tons of companies that will buy your annuity payments and give you a lump sum of money in return. It is almost always a bad deal to do that, but people want lump some of money so they make the deal anyway. That is why you see tons of companies advertising to buy annuities or settlements or lotto payouts etc.

browntwn, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  3. BizMentor

BizMentor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suspect that you might be talking about a settlement letter sent by a company such as Getty Images for using an image without paying for it. Is this the case? If so, I can explain it better.

BizMentor, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  4. browntwn

Best Answers:
    Since he asked specifically about an "annuity settlement", it is almost assured he is not wondering about a demand letter from Getty or some similar company.

5. BizMentor

BizMentor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good point. Unfortunately most discussions on forums I see nowadays regarding "Settlements" are these types of demands from companies such as Geddy. Your explanation hit the nail on the head.

BizMentor, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  6. browntwn

Best Answers:
    I am assuming it is someone who is curious about the high paying settlement annuity niche but has no clue what that was. But, who the heck knows what he meant or was asking. :)

7. rishabhsachan

rishabhsachan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hey friends
    An official agreement intended to resolve a dispute or conflict: "unions succeeded in reaching a pay settlement".

rishabhsachan, Feb 4, 2013 IP