1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Jobs or Flat/Apartment rental site?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SoCoolNetwork, Feb 20, 2013.

I'm thinking of setting up either a jobs or flat/apartment rental website, and I'm curious which one would monetize better? or does anyone have any links to where I could find out such info? Either way the site would be localised to a particular city.

Thanks for any advice.

SoCoolNetwork, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  2. My Property Stores

My Property Stores Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am working out for a Property Portal. Their are many such things you should be make in your mind. Your website should be SEO friendly. And use your keywords properly.

My Property Stores, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  3. SoCoolNetwork

SoCoolNetwork Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @MyPropertyStores, thanks but do flat/apartment rental sites or job sites monetize better.

SoCoolNetwork, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    An apt. rental site would probably pay more in a long run, but it will be one hell of a job trying to promote it. It's not going to be cheap or easy. A job site, on the other hand, is cheaper to promote and jobs is something that people are always looking for, more so than a place to live. I've been promoting job sites for a long time (7-8 years) and never had anything bad to say about the niche.

qwikad.com, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  5. SoCoolNetwork

SoCoolNetwork Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Thanks for the info. Why would a jobs site be easier to promote though? simply because more people are looking for jobs compared to looking for an apartment?

6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I was speaking from the paid advertisement point of view. You will probably pay a dollar+ per click to get your property rental site out in a search engine as opposed to 15 - 30 cents per click for your job site. Huge difference.

Also, it is easier to promote a job site on forums, classifieds, etc. It's also easier to monetize - you can promote job links that you will be paid for as an affiliate (you can sign up as an affiliate with indeed, careerjet and some other).

I understand that some people may disagree with me, I am just speaking from my own experience.

qwikad.com, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  7. SoCoolNetwork

SoCoolNetwork Greenhorn

Best Answers:

That's interesting. I own the domain findinlondon.com which is why I wasn't sure which way to go with it. I could go with just a business directory but it's so general that I don't see how you would get any interest, and looking at google keywords tool finding flats and finding jobs are what most people are interested in.

For the job side of things I was thinking of using...

http://www.appthemes.com/themes/jobroller/

Not sure how the affiliate idea you mentioned fits into that though.