1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Money launder scam

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Internal09, Mar 3, 2013.

Hello, so this guy is most likely money laundering through me and I had no idea. What he does is make me dispute transactions and makes me send it to a different paypal every time. What I think he does is when I send the money to one account he uses it up and then makes me dispute so his balance goes negative and the money comes back to my account from PayPal themselves. Then he makes a new account and makes me send him money there. And its a rinse and repeat process. I've been doing this for him for a few months now and it finally hit me. He has all my info so I have no idea what to do. This all started from a work at home job. What should I do?

Internal09, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What sums of money are we talking about? If it's a few bucks here and a few bucks there there's no need to do anything, except stop all interactions with the person and change your log in info (if you shared that with the person). If it's not in the tens of thousands nobody will go after the person nor will they question you. It sounds almost like a civil matter. Just cut off all the dealings with the person and move on to something different.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    qwikad.com, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    And if Paypal comes after you just tell them what you know and send them after the guy.

qwikad.com, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Certainly sounds like fraud on Paypal and from what you have said, it sounds like your account has been repeatedly used. I assume you are getting paid for this based on the reference to it starting as a home job.

As mentioned, I would cease doing this type of work. It does not sounds like money laundering, it sounds like a conspiracy to commit fraud on PayPal. Since he changes PayPal accounts but you keep using the same one, I would be pretty concerned about it. Eventually you are going to trigger fraud prevention at PayPal.

Depending on the amounts of money involved and your level of anxiety, you might consider speaking to a criminal lawyer. They will not judge you but can help you make sure you are not doing anything to put yourself in further jeopardy. I would hesitate to give you any advice other than obviously not to continue these activities.

browntwn, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  5. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    If he keeps disputing your charges, why continue to do business with him/her?

gotlivechat, Mar 4, 2013 IP