1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many points out of 10 do you give yourself for your time management, and why?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by malcsimm, Feb 21, 2013.

?

How many point out of 10 do you give yourself for your time management, and why?

1. 1

6.7%
  2. 2

6.7%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

16.7%
  5. 5

6.7%
  6. 6

13.3%
  7. 7

6.7%
  8. 8

13.3%
  9. 9

13.3%
  10. 10

16.7%
  1. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha! Well, you have plenty of posts here :)

As long as you are happy, and satisfied with life: that is the main thing.

Malc

malcsimm, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  2. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    OK - the results are in! To date, the average score you give yourselves for time management is:

6.77 out of 10!

Almost 50% who have responded gave themselves 9 or 10 which is either very good or a slight exaggeration [ahem] depending on your view.

When I surveyed my own list of 1,000, 95% of respondents were unhappy with how they managed their time and found internet marketing frustrating and distracting. My list consists of buyers from WSOs and Clickbank.

So, on the face of it, DP members are better than my list members at managing their time!

My list members are obviously crying out for training on time management and I have planned it out - 25 short videos: but it is taking FOREVER to create it! (OK - the irony of this has not been missed LOL). But I've created an overview of my method - I linked to it earlier (Time management made really easy #GTD + #Evernote). Hopefully that will enable you to implement it.

One key I have found to time management is always be open to improvements in how you are developing personal efficiency. And this means putting time aside to do that. Schedule it in your diary - and do it!

Making notes is very handy and if you have a "TIME MANAGEMENT JOURNAL" that will keep them all together nicely.

All the best with your time management!

Malc

malcsimm, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  3. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always prioritize my customers over anything else in life, so if I get an order and I am doing something not related to my company then this is the first thing that everything else gets dropped for.

Original Hosting, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  4. ayush.

ayush. Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a slacker and kinda lazy. I really feel lazy to complete graphic requests even when customers are ready to pay for it. It's not due to lack of time, due to my laziness. Yeah, but I do have lack of time. But well, I don't have time management at all.

I give myself a 5/10 for this.

ayush., Mar 2, 2013 IP
  5. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    I consider myself rather organized. I feel sick when I do nothing for a long time.

kenzo22, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  6. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Hi Jesse27 - what are you "supposed to finish"? May be you are just doing what you want to do – you have chosen to do not much? LOL

Try this; act *as if* you would have to live in a field – no home – unless you've really focus on the tasks you want to do for two hours a day. Or three. Or whatever you want. Use a timer to check yourself.

Before you know where you are, you'll be achieving stuff you really want to achieve, whereas it seems as if you feel you are currently frittering your time away.

Give it a try ;-)

malcsimm, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  7. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Not quite with you here – you saying that this is a good thing?

If you are, then I'd say: would it pay you to batch your tasks more? In other words, if you wait for a few orders and then do them all at one time, would that make you more efficient? Just asking the question.

It's really called to be great at customer service, but maybe there are some things you shouldn't drop just because an order comes in.

:)

malcsimm, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  8. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    It really all depends on whether or not you are happy with your current situation.

If you are perfectly happy being "lazy", then why not?

Sooner or later you will probably find this type of lifestyle unsatisfactory, because naturally humans like to achieve something. And if you get into a relationship, unless your partner is similarly lazy, that will probably cause friction between you.

I would argue that if you are perfectly happy being lazy then you should give yourself 10 out of 10 the time management. Seriously!

My question is all about how satisfied you are with how you manage your time. ;)

malcsimm, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  9. felicitymuller

felicitymuller Peon

Best Answers:
    I am selecting 4 and 4 got more votes.I selected 4 because i am little slow in work.

felicitymuller, Mar 9, 2013 IP
    malcsimm likes this.
  10. dealeris

dealeris Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is very true. When you are single it is easy to cope with a few areas in life, but when married with children :) it is a different story, you have to be extremely flexible to keep your goals and focus in your environment.
    I am not sure how to rate myself for my time management skills, because i know if i was single i would get a 10, but in a family i now i am learning different skills and my time management skills can't be calculated so generally.

dealeris, Mar 10, 2013 IP
    malcsimm likes this.
  11. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    But dealeris - you are making the same mistake as qwikad! You are marking yourself out of 10 for time management of work - but managing your time includes time for yourself and your family too.

The mark out of ten is for how well you think you juggle all the demands on your time:
    - Work
    - Home
    - Family
    - Personal development and education
    - Community/ contribution /religion

So how many do you get now? ;)

Thanks for your input.

malcsimm, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  12. dealeris

dealeris Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you put it this way, probably about an 8-9 out of 10.

dealeris, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  13. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    I think it's the best way to look at things. That way you keep positive about how you are managing your time. And feeling positive about yourself just keeps making things better

Malc :)

malcsimm, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  14. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I gave myself a 5 because im not that good in time management.
    My work are not routine cause whenever things important or find a new ways which seem more effective,
    I will push everything aside and focus on that .
    Sometime because of too greedy of everything need to be perfect and end up like a mess due to less of the time to make everything perfect alone.
    I'm learn to leverage my jobs now to make thing go perfect.

JerrickYeoh, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  15. dealeris

dealeris Active Member

Best Answers:
    For everyone who hates themselves for wasting time and would like to do better i recommend reading Steve Pavlina's blog: http://www.stevepavlina.com/articles/time-management.htm
    Steve is a very bright and down to Earth psychologist, his articles have taught me how to deal with myself in various situations.

dealeris, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  16. L3G10N

L3G10N Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I give myself an 8 because there is always room for improvement. Despite all of my spreadsheets and schedules, I still think I can do better. Human nature is laziness and if you can kick that you will be one step ahead of the next man.

L3G10N, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  17. zoomx

zoomx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,

I will give me an 8 for Time management. Another related question to what you posted is "why are so many people below 10 on time management?"

Well here may be more answers, but from my experience and my mistakes I made in the past years, I could say that the biggest problem is that many people are starting with doing multiple tasks in the same time!

Now this will sound a little bit strange for someone with some years of experience in IM, but for beginners... well this is a deadly trap!

If you don't know for sure what path you should chose, I can say that is better for you to "lose" 1-2 weeks and make a solid plan, rather than starting to make 2-3 methods, for example you start a forum, then a cpa campaign, and maybe you try to sell a product with ppc. Of course you could do all of that , maybe more in the same time, but is recommended to start with one, than to advance and make another method, (with the first one running in background) and so on. You better lose some time in the beginning than lose everything at the end!

Also I would advise you to make your plan on PAPER! never do it on your computer, because when you are on PC, you lose time checking on mails, logging on facebook, twitter etc.. Also you could put that piece of paper on your wall, and when you get up in the morning it will be much easier for you to see what you have to do that day. This really helped me boost my productivity a lot, and as old as it seems, paper always beats computers :) (not only rocks)

I hope that this will help someone.
    Regards, Zoomx

zoomx, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  18. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Human nature is laziness?

Sorry - don't agree with that generalisation! I never feel that way.

I am sure some do: but not all :)

Anyway, good for you having schedules. And 8 is a pretty good score :)

malcsimm, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  19. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Zoomx - I certainly agree that it is good to focus on one method. And that might well be one method for making money. It's too easy to be distracted.

One way to keep focussed is to have a good time management system in place. This is the one I have devised:

http://heymalc.com/time-management-made-really-easy-gtd-evernote

A good system, well run, makes sure that you have planned out your time: but also that you work your time as you should for maximum results.

Malc

20. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Well at least you are thinking about how to make things better!

That is good!

I think you are saying sometimes you expect things to be perfect. Well, many things it is ok if they are only 90% ok! Perfection is not necessary in some tasks.

Leverage is good: and being OK with 90% is usually OK too.