1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Characteristics Of A Multi Multi Million Dollar Website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by rdogg, Mar 24, 2013.

Im talking about the websites that get millions of visits each day and make millions per month.

From what I have seen it is a combination of:

Great branding/name.
    Mass publishing
    Real office headquarters with employees
    Broad niche

What you guys think ?

rdogg, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, all you said is right, with something more: a great IDEA behind all that. Just like Youtube or facebook.

webcosmo, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  3. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seems, I have nothing to add. Anyway, a nice thread

walts1, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  4. infoway111

infoway111 Member

Best Answers:
    Certainly , great brand names like Facebook, Twitter, You tube attracts huge amount of traffic;makes million per month. Quick service, unique features, Established and broad niche also helps to achieve this.

infoway111, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  5. youronlinestuff

youronlinestuff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    they serve people's needs very well

youronlinestuff, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  6. juliston

juliston Member

Best Answers:
    They make people to use them very well.

juliston, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  7. Qadabra

Qadabra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would say the least critical is a big office or headquarters with tons of employees. The smallest start-ups have become million-dollar names that control the online world- all they did was come up with something new. Yes, it is definitely a combination of great branding, a catchy name, and a broad niche (meaning introducing something that masses worldwide can relate to and understand)
    If I had to choose two factors that make these brands what they are, I would say innovation and timing.
    @rdogg- you looking to start the next Facebook? ;)

Qadabra, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  8. Max Filev

Max Filev Active Member

Best Answers:
    You guys are talking about "billion" or "tens of billions" dollar websites. To make a million dollar website is not as hard as creating a new "Facebook" or "Google". All you need is about $300 per day revenue, and if you you monetize each page on your website at $0.01 per day on average, you would need about 30,000 pages to become a millionaire. You can generate those pages by running a forum website or any type of members website, blog, or strait up content. If you would make the pages manually yourself, you can post about 40 pages per day with about 300 words per page and within 2 to 3 years you should have your million dollar website. I would recommend a combination of all the outlined methods above to speed up the process to under a year. In fact, I am actually doing this right now as we speak. You will not be able to get away with a 10 page website or a blog you post to once per week. I am talking about dedication, and always keeping your goal in mind. Once you build a single million dollar website building another 10 won't be an issue, or 100. Now, how do you build a "billion" dollar website? Did somebody say you need a "nice" office? I tend to agree with that... Billion dollar websites are all image... Take a simple idea thousands done before you and wrap it up into a "billion" dollar image, whola! But one step at a time, lets make that million dollars first before we get ahead of ourselves!

Max Filev, Apr 2, 2013 IP
    Arson likes this.
  9. Stephan_Iscoe

Stephan_Iscoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Enough people hungry for what they offer.
    A million dollar company looks like a narrower niche, like Toms Shoes;
    a billion dollar company looks like Amazon.

Stephan_Iscoe, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  10. Max Filev

Max Filev Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Stephan_Iscoe and would add that almost any single word keyword domain name would have potential to be a multimillion dollar business.

Max Filev, Apr 3, 2013 IP
    Stephan_Iscoe likes this.
  11. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think the biggest thing is monetization. Like facebook, if they were just using adsense or something, they never would have made money. But with the way facebook allows people to target ads to their audience, they make a fortune in advertising.

My biggest failings with my main site was to put the apps, and all of the features first, sparing no expense in their development, and left monetization as an afterthought.
    I have lots of great ideas... just not profitable ones.

matt_62, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  12. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think a "Real office headquarters with employees" is irrelevant.... Mashable was set up by a Scottish teenager in his bedroom, Whatsapp is made up of only 10 employees, facebook was set up by just 1 guy, Most websites are ran by only a few people.

MobileInternet, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  13. RoguePyro

RoguePyro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed, even small niches can be very valuable. Even though going broad may mean more money, it doesn't mean everyone can achieve it.

RoguePyro, Apr 8, 2013 IP