1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My thoughts about earning online. Tips for newbies etc.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ckilli, Mar 28, 2013.

Hi there,
    I'm not a native English speaker so I'm sorry for mistakes. I decided to write quite short thread containing my thoughts about working at home/earning online/mainstream_biz or whatever you call it.
    I have to say I'm a busy person who uses the Internet for fun and earning from it is just an additional advantage. Earnings are quite good but I mostly I care about new ways of earning, not a monthly amount. Unique and weird, I know.

The purpose of this thread is mostly to help all new members and people who haven't started earning cash online to focus on one way I recommend. I won't promise 1000's dollars every day or even month. It's just the way to get a few bucks/day and in 50-300 bucks a month. If you earn more, just close this thread.
    To those who haven't closed the window - with stable earnings you can start looking for some new sources of $$$. You first source should be.. Youtube. You may say 'ohh, nothing new, there were threads about it'. Yes, that's right. But still I can see questions about ways of earnings, threads with asking for help etc. This is why the more threads with straight answers, the better.

You may say 'yes, there's Youtube... I have an account there.. and what do to next?'. I know a few ways and I'm going to explain some of them in a few words.

Youtube clips have to encourage viewers to go further - click the link. And here is the power. This is your aim - to make your guest to click the link under the video. Ways of monetizing it is totally different story, as well as getting 1000's of viewers. Problems we have:
    1. Niche;
    2. How to create the video which encourages people to click link in description;
    3. How to rank youtube video and keep it high in search results;
    4. How to monetize each click;
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    1. Niche - I love this problem :) Let's say we choose "health" and "funny clips". Please don't write posts judging those niches - everyone can choose something different. I take those 2 niches to show 2 totally different ways of earning.
    2. There are at least 2 ways how to encourage people to click your link (that one in description).
    - The first way concerns our "health" niche and needs a small investment, up to 10-15 buck. It needs also higher video-editing skills. I use sony vegas studio to modify mp3/video files.. You buy some mp3 adverts on Fiverr (each 5$). Those mp3s have statements like "you want to build muscles? visit the link yyyy.com". Then use video editing app to modify those files - add background music, add background photos of well-built people. All in all, make e.g. 20-30 videos. Each clip has the link in it's description. Well done.
    - The second way is much more hmm.. shifty. Download one funny clip of a person who falls/hurts himself. Some 'fail' vid. Then use video-editor to modify in this way that just in the moment the person falls/hurst himself the video stops and there is a big info "want to see how it ends? click the link in description". Then download and modify e.g. 50-200 vids. Easy and fast. keepvid.com helps you to download clips.

3. Ranking video is quite easy. The main factors are numer of views and likes. Number of subscriber is also important but to get them you have to pay (e.g. Fiverr). I have my vids quite high without subscribers. It would be another thread how to get free views and likes, just follow my tips from here pdfcast.org/pdf/youtube-seo and it will certainly help you to get your vids higher in YouTube.

4. How to get $$ for clicks. Here you will see the difference between the niches I've chosen.
    - 'health' niche - register to cj.com and get an approval from health niche programs. There are websites who offer 0.5-4$ for each new person (pay per lead). Each day you can get a few new sign-ups. Of couse the more videos you have, the more people watch you, the more sign-ups. Easy math: 30 videos x 10 views each day = 300 views/day. You will certainly have at least a few new sign-ups/day.. (more than 20 maybe..?) It also depends on quality of your videos!!
    - 'fun clips' niche. Just after you download 'fail clip' to modify, upload the whole clip on some sharing website. There are websites who pay e.g. 20$ for 1000 downloads. In description of your movie put "want to see the sad ending? go to link-to-your-clip.com". If you see the person who jumps out of the roof - and the clip stops when the person jumps - wouldn't you like to see the rest? People like you will download the whole clip and it brings you money.

I hope I help you in some way. Of course I definitely missed some details. If you want to ask about something - ask in this thread. In this way I will answer just one time for one question.
    All the best my friends and have fun when you earn your first online cash!

ckilli, Mar 28, 2013 IP
    seo.xpert likes this.
  2. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If I could, I would have given you a "Like"

walts1, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  3. rdbranson

rdbranson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is excellent information. Thank you.
    You say that you are not a native English speaker, but to you live in US or UK, for example? Or did you learn the language without ever living in an English speaking country?
    Curious.

rdbranson, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  4. ckilli

ckilli Member

Best Answers:
    thanks you walts1 and rdbranson. no, I don't live in US/UK but I do live in Europe. I learn English every single day from the Internet. Cheers!

ckilli, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  5. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I must watch this good thread, will need time to implement it..
    thanks.. :)

bluebenz, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  6. Natasha Valentine

Natasha Valentine Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much! I am completely new to all of this but absolutely determined to make it work. Video seemed like just another 'learn about it eventually' part of marketing but now I see so much more benefit. Thanks again.

Natasha Valentine, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  7. Amirfreed

Amirfreed Member

Best Answers:
    well you ask for cpa network it best, but its very hard to get approval from them. i tried many times but rejected. can't do

Amirfreed, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  8. carlstephens

carlstephens Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for these tips. I have been thinking about quitting my job and do online jobs. This an excellent article of what I am going to do. I also read from http://7figuresurfer.com/ about great ideas on how to earn online.

carlstephens, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  9. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to get boat loads of traffic to get approved upwards of 30,000+ uniques per month to get accepted.

Dionne Taylor, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  10. Sean DeSilva

Sean DeSilva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it's quite ironic that the video of a person falling down and hurting himself is what can be used to get clicks on the Internet :) the same idea can be applied to any type of video – just have a key moment where you're about to release the secret elements, or bring up the objection that they're dying to hear the answer to. Then either the video cuts out and encourages them to click the link below for the answer, or you simply announce that you have more information on your website.

Sean DeSilva, Jan 28, 2014 IP